• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving Photos into lightroom

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, I am new)

Hi community, I recently just organized all my originals from other computers and HDDs into one main HDD that lives in my PC, however I was wondering if there is a way to set lightroom(classic) to recognize that this drive contains the originals without having to import them into another location?

Thanks,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 29, 2018 Sep 29, 2018

Were/Are these images already in your LR catalog? If they were/are then you need to move them either from Inside of LR to there new drive/folder or outside of LR, using the File Manager for the OS you are using, and then Reconnect them to the new location in LR.

Updating the Folder Location in Lightroom « Julieanne Kost's Blog

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 29, 2018 Sep 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you import images into Lightroom, in the Import dialogue box you can choose Add:

This will add images form their current location on your hard drive without moving them anywhere.

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The images are on a separate Hard drive from lightroom and importing it will ask me target location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rudybpyt  wrote

The images are on a separate Hard drive from lightroom and importing it will ask me target location.

As stated NEVER RE-IMPORT images that are already in the LR Catalog.

No images are ever "IN" LR. LR is a Database program that References images into the Database file, IE the Catalog File, of where they are stored on your hard drives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you chose to Add images it won't ask you for destination. "Add" just uses images currrent location.

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were/Are these images already in your LR catalog? If they were/are then you need to move them either from Inside of LR to there new drive/folder or outside of LR, using the File Manager for the OS you are using, and then Reconnect them to the new location in LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Just+Shoot+Me  wrote

Yes, I agree with this and I also want to say that if there are photos that were already imported into Lightroom, then <shouting as loud as I can> DO NOT IMPORT.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‘Update folder location’ won’t be available if the folders were moved outside of Lightroom. The folders will show as ‘missing’ in that situation, and instead of the ‘update folder location’ menu you will see a ‘find missing folder’ menu when you right-click on them. Everything else will be the same as described in that link.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These images were imported using light room on a separate PC but some of these images were never organized, Thanks for the link it proved helpful in my problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rudybpyt  wrote

These images were imported using light room on a separate PC but some of these images were never organized

In that case do not try to import them again. Use the folder 'reconnect' suggestions.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey guys, thank you all for your help, I have  now added the photos through the reconnect folder method thanks to all who replied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines