• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mix Two Channels

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2018 Sep 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have a noob question but I haven't been able to find the answer anywhere.

I have a C100 camera with two lavalier mics, one on each channel (L and R). Is there a quick shortcut to mix both channels on premiere pro?

Thanks for all the help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 29, 2018 Sep 29, 2018

OK, what I proposed you do should have given that result. Did you try it on a new test sequence or one where you had already applied the "Fill Right", "Fill Left" effects? Did you make Balance adjustments? This is difficult as I can't see what you are doing.

Here is another way of doing it, but it won't change the audio already on the timeline. I would recommend you test this and see if it works for you by creating a new test project and importing a test clip from the camera.

Once the clip is impo

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean control balance, put both in the other side, what?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Neil, thanks for the quick reply.

What I mean is that I have two actors in the scene. One is on the left

channel other is on the right channel. I wonder is there is automated way

of Mixing both audios without having to cut every time and filling left

with right and filling right with left on each actors line.

Can you understand? Thank you so much!

Em sáb, 29 de set de 2018 às 13:14, R Neil Haugen <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

escreveu:

Mix Two Channels created by R Neil Haugen

<https://forums.adobe.com/people/RNeilHaugen> in Premiere Pro CC - View

the full discussion <https://forums.adobe.com/message/10648181#10648181>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is one way to do it:

Go to the menu Sequence > Add Tracks and add a Mono Submix Track to your timeline:

Screen Shot 2018-09-29 at 7.23.39 AM.png

Then go to the Audio TRACK mixer (not the Audio Clip Mixer) and route the outputs of the tracks on the timeline you want to be mono through the Submix Track:

Screen Shot 2018-09-29 at 7.24.44 AM.png

Any audio source you put on a track that is routed through the mono submix track will now be mono.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow thanks for the detailed explanation!

But wouldn't that be the same as inserting a "Fill Left with Right" effect on the audio clip?

If it is, it's no good because the timeline will simply disregard one channel and then I'd have only one actor's good audio and the other bad audio. What I'm looking for is an automated solution that simply transform an stereo source into mono, but mixing L and R and not simply choosing one channel and disregarding the other.

Thanks again and sorry for the hussle!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make a test sequence and try it out.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I did it before I replied.
It seems to me that the submix disregards the right channel and simply duplicates the left channel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your source is stereo, correct?

With one microphone on the left and one microphone on the right?

You want to place the stereo track on the timeline and have the sound from the left source microphone and sound from the right source microphone appear on both left and right outputs of the timeline, is that correct?

Because as it is now, the left source microphone appears on only the left output of the sequence output, and the right source microphone appears only on the right side of the sequence output, is that correct?

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Meg+The+Dog  escreveu

Your source is stereo, correct?

Yes!

With one microphone on the left and one microphone on the right?

Yes!

You want to place the stereo track on the timeline and have the sound from the left source microphone and sound from the right source microphone appear on both left and right outputs of the timeline, is that correct?

Yes!

Because as it is now, the left source microphone appears on only the left output of the sequence output, and the right source microphone appears only on the right side of the sequence output, is that correct?

Exactly, if I just drag the audio to the timeline, one actor's audio is on the left channel and the other on the right channel.

If I apply FILL RIGHT WITH LEFT or use your solution, I have only the left channel duplicated on the right.

I would like Premiere to automatically mix both sources as if they were from only one microphone.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, what I proposed you do should have given that result. Did you try it on a new test sequence or one where you had already applied the "Fill Right", "Fill Left" effects? Did you make Balance adjustments? This is difficult as I can't see what you are doing.

Here is another way of doing it, but it won't change the audio already on the timeline. I would recommend you test this and see if it works for you by creating a new test project and importing a test clip from the camera.

Once the clip is imported, right click on the test camera clip and choose Modify > Audio Channels.

Set the clip to Format: Mono, Number of Audio Clips: 2 and click OK.

Screen Shot 2018-09-29 at 8.22.50 AM.png

This will make your source audio mono.

Now drag that clip to the timeline and see if it behaves the way you want.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey, this worked!

Even though Premiere doesn't auto mix my audio L and R channels, now I have them separately and I can control the volume of each channel separately!

Thank you and have an awesome day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines