Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lens Profiles with TIF-files

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2018 Sep 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My workflow is mainly hybrid. I.e I shoot medium format film, scan on a flatbed and then process in Lightroom Classic CC. Some of my lenses, like the Pentax 645 45mm, is rather wide and creates somewhat barrel shaped pictures. I would like to apply a lens profile onto the tiff-file to see if that help. From googleing I understand that a good few lenses are withheld from the list of available lenses, the mentioned lens included. I have found some tips here on the forum suggesting to make a copy of the .icp-profile file and then alter CameraRawProfile="True" to CameraRawProfile="False", throughout the file. However that file is not loaded (or ignored) when I restart Ligtroom. I see there is also an index.dat file in the parent folder, but from my judgement it shouldn't be altered.

How can I make Lightroom load the file in question? In other words, how can I gain access to lens profiles for lenses exempt from the list of non-RAW lens profiles?

Kind regards

Erik

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 30, 2018 Sep 30, 2018

Add-on:

This where the supplied profiles are installed:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom\Resources\LensProfiles\1.0

And this is where you must put the custom profiles:

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\LensProfiles\1.0

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete that index.dat file. That may stop the loading. Lightroom will rebuild it.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where, in which folder did you place the copied lens profile?

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add-on:

This where the supplied profiles are installed:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom\Resources\LensProfiles\1.0

And this is where you must put the custom profiles:

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\LensProfiles\1.0

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And if you use a Macintosh, you must store the copied profile in:

Macintosh HD/Users/[your username]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/LensProfiles/1.0/,

not in the default Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/LensProfiles/1.0.

The user Library folder may be hidden however. To unhide it, open your user Home folder and choose 'Show View Options'. At the bottom is a checkbox to unhide the Library folder.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for responding!

I didn't think of looking in the roaming profile folder. That did the trick, in addition to renaming the index.dat as you said.

Lightroom is now loading the profile, but nothing changes in the photo I apply it to. Even if I pull the distortion slider all the way, left or right, nothing happens.

I have only changed the CameraRawProfile-parameter and nothing else, although I changed it throughout the file. Would you happen to know why?

Anyway, thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines