• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to start Acrobat – Error 0xc0000005

Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2018 Sep 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I would try to open the application this error message would popup.

adobe.png

I tried uninstalling and re-installing the regular way. I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling using Creative Cloud. I don't know what else to do. Please help!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 24, 2018 Sep 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Auroraa,

As per the issue description mentioned above, you are receiving an error when trying to launch Acrobat, is that correct?

Please try following troubleshooting steps:

1- Check if an update is available for Acrobat using "Check for updates" option under "Help" menu, reboot the machine after installing update and try again.

2- Launch Acrobat as an administrator- Run an Adobe program as administrator | Windows 7, Vista

2- Try running Acrobat in compatibility mode by locating Acrobat icon on the desktop > right click > properties > compatibility tab > check the box run this program in compatibility mode for and select Windows 7 from the drop-down options. (if using windows 10) click Apply OK and check.

Also, let us know dot version of Acrobat and the operating system installed on the machine? You may refer to the steps given in this link on how to check the version in Acrobat: Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Let us know if you need any help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2018 Sep 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I go to the help menu if I can't even open the application?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I put it into compatibility mode. When I double click on the shortcut on desktop, it gives me that spinning wheel and then eventually stops showing. Acrobat still won't open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did the second suggestion go?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adorobat

1- Check if an update is available for Acrobat using "Check for updates" option under "Help" menu, reboot the machine after installing update and try again.

I can't do this because the program won't open.

2- Launch Acrobat as an administrator- Run an Adobe program as administrator | Windows 7, Vista

I just tried this. The program still won't open.

2- Try running Acrobat in compatibility mode by locating Acrobat icon on the desktop > right click > properties > compatibility tab > check the box run this program in compatibility mode for and select Windows 7 from the drop-down options. (if using windows 10) click Apply OK and check.

I tried this on my account also in admin account. No luck.

Also, let us know dot version of Acrobat and the operating system installed on the machine? You may refer to the steps given in this link on how to check the version in Acrobat

Looked at that link, don't know how to find the version without opening the application. It is a fresh install. I downloaded and installed it from the adobe creative cloud shortcut on my desktop. I have Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi auroraa,

Could you try the troubleshooting steps given in the following help document:

Application unable to Start correctly 0xc0000022 || 0x00000022

-Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I did what was asked on the document.

I logged into the admin account and then I repaired the following:

• 2013 x64
  • 2013 x86
  • 2017 x64
  • 2017 x86

Every time I finished a repair, I rebooted.

After that, I went to my normal account and downloaded the C++ 2013 x64 and x86 which I also hit repair and rebooted after.

Now I went to the admin account and tried to run the application as administrator. This is what I got:

10.01.2018-21.42.52

TLDR: It didn't work.

What do I do now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 03, 2018 Oct 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi auroraa,

Could you try deleting Acrobat folder in the following location after closing Acrobat,

C:\Users\your username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Acrobat

Reboot the machine.

Then, download cleaner tool using following link and run the tool on the machine: Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

Reboot the machine once again.

Download Acrobat from here:

Download and install Acrobat DC subscription

Download Pro or Standard versions of Acrobat DC | Non-subscription

-Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2018 Oct 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Shivam,

There is no such folder that exists on my device. Perhaps it's located somewhere else?

2018-10-06_12-51-33.png

2018-10-06_12-51-50.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also tried going through the directions anyway, skipping the first one. It still didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2019 Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and nothing works, have even used the adobe reader cleaner does not make any difference, can someone help???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what it's worth, this error code 0x00000005 means "permission denied".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. When you said this, I logged into admin, uninstalled, rebooted, and reinstalled Acrobat. No luck again. I'm getting frustrated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that's the folder. It's hidden like most critical folders so people don't move stuff by accident.

Try this (Windows 10). Hit Windows key + R to get the Run box.

Type %APPDATA%\Adobe like this

You should now see the folder Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2018 Oct 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that. Unfortunately, it's still no bueno.

Here's what I did:

1. I went to the Adobe folder using the run box and deleted the Acrobat folder.
  2. I emptied my recycle bin.
  3. I rebooted.
  4. I downloaded and ran the Acrobat cleaning tool.
  5. I rebooted again.
  6. I downloaded and ran the Acrobat DC subscription exe program.
  7. I double-clicked on a pdf file on my desktop.

The spinning wheel would appear then after 2 seconds it would disappear.

*Sigh*.

I'm getting really impatient. I don't know what's wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 07, 2018 Oct 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's double clicking a PDF. What about if you just open the application, without trying to open a PDF? Same? Or is it OK, until you use OPEN?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same problem, what should i do??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Answer already given here 👇🏼👇🏼 and it works perfectly.... follow the link below

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader/the-application-was-unable-to-start-correctly-0xc00000...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It would be helpful if you go to www.sysinternals.com and download and install Process Explorer.

This is a more complete graphical utility than MS Windows Task Manager; it will capture any event that happens in real-time and allow you to trace it by DLLs, process tree, etc.

Just right-click on the event or process of interest and select from the context menu " Create mini-dump".

Then you can share that mini-dump here.

The way we are jumping into solutions for Error 0xc0000005 without even analyzing all the bits and pieces that are interacting with your Acrobat is not the correct way of troubleshooting a MS Windows system.

Every system is different. As such this error pop for different things that are not necessarily and exclusively related to Acrobat (to include viruses, deffective disk drives, outdated or corrup system drivers, for example).

In my opinion we should take one small step back to square one and let's begin with the basics: share a mini-dump.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines