Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe PDF printer doesn't show up when installing on Dell Laptops

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2018 Sep 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We have a new fleet of Dell Latitude 3390 laptops (Windows 10, 64-bit) and all users who have a Creative Cloud/Adobe Acrobe Pro DC license are unable to install Adobe PDF printer.

I have tried the following options (with Creative Cloud install and Adobe Acrobat Pro DC standalone install) found on previous posts:

http://blogs.adobe.com/dmcmahon/2012/06/04/acrobat-pdf-printer-missing-after-installation-on-windows...

Solution 1

Repair the Acrobat installation using the option in the Help menu. Doesn't work

Solution 2

Uninstall and then re-install Acrobat on your Windows OS. Doesn't work

Solution 3

Manually install the PDF Printer

• Click Start >  Control Panel > Devices and Printers
  • Select Add a printer
  • Select Add a local printer
  • Check Use an existing port and select Documents\*.pdf (Adobe PDF) from the drop down.  ClickNext
  • Click the Have Disk… button
  • Click the Browse… button
  • Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 10.0\Acrobat\Xtras\AdobePDF
  • Select AdobePDF.inf from the list if using Acrobat Pro, or AdobePDFstd.inf if using Acrobat Std, then click the OK button
  • You will see many Adobe PDF Converters in the list, however count six down from the top and clickNext (you may need to try this numerous times to find the correct Converter from the list that works with your version of Windows)
  • Name your printer, e.g. Adobe PDF
  • Follow the rest of the prompts and your PDF printer should now be installed correctly

If you are later prompted for the ADPDF9.PPD file, it can be found in the C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 10.0\Acrobat\Xtras\AdobePDF\<OS version> folders.

When I try option 3, I get the following messages when trying to add those specific drivers from C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 10.0\Acrobat\Xtras\AdobePDF :

1.png

2.png

3.png

I've tried turning off digital signage but no luck.

If I install Acrobat Pro DC on our Dell Desktop machines (also running 64-bit, Win 10) the Adobe Printer will show up. Or even an old Windows 7 HP laptop so it seems really strange it won't work on this specific Dell Latitude 3390 style laptop.

Does anyone have any ideas or experienced similar issues?

Thanks,

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's interesting. It suggests your PC fleet has things left out (printer drivers) which are part of standard Windows. Try installing a PostScript printer driver using the Printers Control Panel and see what happens. I suggest you try to install mfr: Generic printer: MS Publisher Generic Imagesetter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines