• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrading a Mac, what is the highest MacOS that works with LR Version4.1, Camera Raw 7.1?

Explorer ,
Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that my IMac is upgradeable to 10.13 High Sierra. but will my existing LR & CR run on it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

The max OS that will properly run LR 4 is 10.12.X. Once you hit 10.13, it will not run properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 4 does not run well under High Sierra, if it runs at all.

You can upgrade (by purchasing) to 6.14 or Lightroom Classic CC, those will run under High Sierra; or you can choose not to upgrade your operating system, and then LR 4 should continue to run properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi sdean,

Please refer to the following link to know the minimum system requirements for Lightroom 4 Older versions of Adobe Photoshop Lightroom (5, 4, 3, 2, 1) system requirements

And I agree with dj_paige you can try using Lightroom 4 after the upgrade. If it doesn't work then, you may need to upgrade the Lightroom version.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gentleman, I am trying to do a sensible upgrade to the hardware, software and OS of an older machine and balance the aspects so that everything still flies in formation.  I am not looking to know the minimum requirements for LR4, rather I want to know the maximum MacOs level that will run LR4 well and stably.   It is now running on Lion 10.8, but would it run well on 10.9, or .10 or .11 or .12?  You seem to ruled out .13, High Sierra, which is good to know, but how about a lower level?

And I do NOT want to buy new Lightroom, I want to continue to use what I have.  Some of us aren't made out of money.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The max OS that will properly run LR 4 is 10.12.X. Once you hit 10.13, it will not run properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that is the answer I need!  Thank you.  Do you perhaps know what is the highest MacOS that will run Photoshop CS6, 13.0?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Photoshop CS6 may or may not run properly under High Sierra. You won't know until you try. In the Photoshop forum we've seen various issues for some time.

What happened with Lightroom 4 and 5 under MacOS was that color management broke at some point (can't recall if it was Sierra or High Sierra). You'd get excessive black clipping of dark values, and some users also saw banding and other artifacts. The reason was Apple dropping support for APIs used by these older versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines