Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue with H.264 multitrack export in Premiere CC 2018

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2018 Sep 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have been through several threads in the forum about this - a lot of the answers I get are quite old, and I have actually started experiencing this since last update.

I'll try to keep the story short - in the last few years I have been working with a client that wants his video delivered 1920x1080p 25fps H.264 with 4 separate audio tracks.

What I used to do in the export window was to select Quicktime as a format and then H.264 as the video codec.

Audio would stay uncompressed and separated in 4 different audio tracks.

It worked very well, so much that I had created a preset for these export settings.

Today I was working for them again, but when I tried to export an error message came out, saying that the video codec needed for the export couldn't be found - I haven't taken a screenshot of it since I was under deadline and trying to wrap my head around it, but I remember it said

Component: Quicktime of Type Exporter

Selector: 9

Error Code: 27

So I guess that the H.264 codec is not available anymore when exporting in Quicktime. (why??)

Now I solved this momentarily by exporting in ProRes 422 with 4 separate audio tracks and then by using Quicktime (yes, the app itself!) to export the video that comes out of this - what I get is a .mov in H.264 (AVC) with 4 separate AAC audio tracks.

It works for now, but since there's many people out there with this same issue (at least by reading on these forum) and I feel dumb doing this cheap trick to get the video I need, I'd like to ask a definitive answer to the question:

How can I export a video from Premiere Pro CC that is

1920x1080

H.264 codec

25fps

4 separate audio tracks.

Thanks in advance!

Dario

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 26, 2018 Sep 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dario,

I get your frustration. Completely. But, you mentioned, "the last few years." Have you upgraded your computer since then? Are you on a mac with more than 16 cores? This thread might be the unfortunate answer to your issue. Take a look and let me know if it seems to fit your situation.

Re: Need help, Error code: 27

- Dax

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks maxwithdax!

I've checked that thread, but it doesn't seem to be my case.. pretty similar, but not entirely.

My Mac has 4 cores - so that's not it - ruled that one out.

And yes, I did upgrade my computer since then - running on Sierra 10.12.6

What's weird is that I do not even see the H.264 listed in the "Video Codec" options for Quicktime format when I export in Premiere Pro and Media Encoder. It's just not there anymore. Why am I missing it?

Did Adobe removed it from the codecs available for export with Quicktime?

Is there a way to get it back there?

Or an alternative?

Thanks so much everybody

Dario

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

H.264 exports are simply handled in the mp4 format. So ... QuickTime options are basically Animation, DV, DNxHD/R, and Cineform. And some other mostly variants.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know when I was having codec issues sometime ago I simply installed VLC player and the issue I was having with playback seemed to fix itself. It was a different issue and was on a PC but thought I would throw it out there. VLC includes a ton of codecs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines