• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro XI doesn't open PDF but thumbnail is visible in explorer/ outlook etc.

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2018 Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wan't to open a pdf. If I go to Windows Explorer, I'll see a thumbnail with the first page of the pdf document. This is also visible in Outlook.

If I want to open de document, Adobe Acrobat Pro XI doesn't start.

Adobe Acrobat is set as the standard application which opens the pdf files.

Why do I see the thumbnails but doesn't open?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 02, 2018 Oct 02, 2018

Hi sandervp,

As mentioned above you are facing issue when trying to view a pdf file using Acrobat XI, could you try the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

1-  Reboot the machine once if you haven't already and check.

2- If that doesn't work, check if an update is available for Acrobat using "Check for updates" option under "Help" menu, reboot the machine after installing update and try again.

3-  Launch Acrobat as an administrator- Run an Adobe program as administrator | Windows 7, Vista

4- I

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 02, 2018 Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi sandervp,

As mentioned above you are facing issue when trying to view a pdf file using Acrobat XI, could you try the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

1-  Reboot the machine once if you haven't already and check.

2- If that doesn't work, check if an update is available for Acrobat using "Check for updates" option under "Help" menu, reboot the machine after installing update and try again.

3-  Launch Acrobat as an administrator- Run an Adobe program as administrator | Windows 7, Vista

4- If issue still persists, try the troubleshooting steps given in the following help document: Can't open PDF

Also, let us know dot version of Acrobat and the operating system installed on the machine? You may refer to the steps given in this link on how to check the version in Acrobat: Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Let us know if you need any help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines