• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro timeline lag in an empty timeline after Mojave update.

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

First time posting here. Wondering if anyone else has experienced any weirdness after updating to Mojave, which I stupidly did because DARK MODE...

I'm experiencing a very sluggish timeline in in the most update to date version of cc2018. Never had issues before Mojave. The odd thing is that my timeline is empty and yet the play head is extremely sluggish. Even if I dropped in footage, scrubbing a proress422 feels like an h264.

Another thing I should mention is that scrubbing in my source monitor has actually improved with intralaced codecs.

Not really sure what to do at this point other than wait it out until another update comes along. I normally don't update an OS this early but DARK MODE sounded so nice to my eyes.

I'm on a 2017 iMac Retina 5k, 4.2ghz, 32gb of ram, radion pro 580 8192mb.

Any thoughts?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Hello Brian R,

Any thoughts?

Check system requirements. This OS is not supported for this version of Premiere Pro. You're going to have to wait for an upcoming version for this support. Sorry.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confused by your calling the timeline "empty" but still having elements to scrub on it.

I didn't see any impact on Premiere performance when updating to Mojave.

Have you considered trashing your preferences?

FAQ: How to reset (trash) preferences in Premiere Pro?

Are you using Mercury Transmit?

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I mean is that even while moving the playhead in an empty timeline there is still a considerable amount of lag.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There have been issues with Photoshop CC and Mojave, so it doesn't surprise me to see issues with Premiere Pro CC and Mojave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 02, 2018 Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would wait a couple of updates before installing Mojave. Same for windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can only offer my experience with the Mojave upgrade which only had one problem, Quickbooks for Mac got corrupted and required  a reinstall.

All other apps working OK.

As always, have two viable backups of your system prior to your upgrade in case something goes wrong and you need to revert.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I usually reinstall Premiere after OS update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, It's lagging. Badly. I upgraded to Mojave and installed the latest Premiere pro yesterday as well.

I'm also on iMac (late 2014)  Retina 5k, 4 ghz, intel core i7. 32gb of ram.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Brian R,

Any thoughts?

Check system requirements. This OS is not supported for this version of Premiere Pro. You're going to have to wait for an upcoming version for this support. Sorry.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel its a bit unfair to say check system requirements. When I lookup system requirement it says minimum requirement "macOS X v10.12 or later (v10.13 or later required for hardware-acceleration)" implying that v10.14 should be fine.

I think if adobe had been more public about it not supporting Mojave yet then lots of people wouldn't have upgraded and would have better experiences with the software.

Is there anywhere we can check about adobe app compatibility before upgrading the OS?

Do you know how long until Mojave support? Trying to work out if moving to PC would be a better idea for future upgrades.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

richardt37982688  wrote

Is there anywhere we can check about adobe app compatibility before upgrading the OS?

I would ask on this forum.  Chances are that somebody else has tried.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

.......Check system requirements. This OS is not supported for this version of Premiere Pro. You're going to have to wait for an upcoming version for this support. Sorry........

ha, ha , said the clown.......   in another thread "dear adobe..." I complained about many issues occuring since 12.1 and still not fixed in 13.0.

The answer by some staffmember was ....  this issue is fixed in Mojave and related to OSX 10.13....they announced to get in contact with apple.

As well there is the already mentioned hint....... osx 10.13 or newer.......

So , Kevin, please explain what your intention is by telling that mojave is not yet supported !

Please give us a link where we , customers, can verify that statement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines