• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clone stamp tool

Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was wondering if it was possible to have the clone stamp tool automatically (or manually) rotate as you use it? For context, I am clone stamping a random section of creased fabric and having it extent to another area. I don't want it to look like a exact copy, so I have to randomise the placement of the stamps as much as I can, overlapping and using opacity etc. However if the tool rotated randomly as I used it, this would work well I feel. I have tried to set the brush preset to angle jitter and a couple of other things, but this doesn't seem to apply to the tool.

Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

I find is best to add a new empty layer on top and set the clone stanp to sample layer and below a  clone into the empty layer. That way nothing in changed on the image layer you can  adjust what you have cloned using all Photoshop features and blent it into the image the image layer remain unchanged nothing is destroyed in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find is best to add a new empty layer on top and set the clone stanp to sample layer and below a  clone into the empty layer. That way nothing in changed on the image layer you can  adjust what you have cloned using all Photoshop features and blent it into the image the image layer remain unchanged nothing is destroyed in it.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 02, 2018 Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wrong answer!

The clone stamp tool can rotate it's output and scale it's output. This is shown in a video on YouTube (the wrong way to explain this because one cannot get to a point on a timeline where either feature is explained).

When will Abobe publish a reference book? Without this book, Photoshop is an unfinished product. A manual is REQUIRED.

You cannot automatically rotate the tool's output, but you can manually do this. You can also scale the tool's output. How? I don't know. I can't find that info on the timeline of a 43 minute video, nor can many others.

WHERE IS THE MANUAL?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 02, 2018 Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes the tool can not be rotated.  However as you are using the tool you can zoom in and out change the tip size any rotate the image with  touch gestures or the Rotate tool.

Photoshop Manual is hopelessly not up to data and the online guide version is not much better.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines