• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Watermark Workflow

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased and installed the Photography package (Lightroom CC, Lightroom Classic CC and Photoshop CC). Really struggling with a couple of issues...

I am running on latest MacOS with plenty of RAM and my computer comes to a crawl when working with any of the apps

Second issue is workflow for adding my Watermark. Not sure what the workflow should be to get watermark on exported photos and then stored in the Cloud.

Do I have to create two folders, originals, then export with watermark, then add the watermark photos to Lightroom CC for Cloud storage and sharing? That just seems like a lot of work for something that should be simple and not sure why you would want Classic anymore.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 02, 2018 Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To answer your last question, people still use Lr Classic because they don't want their images stored on adobe servers. Most people that come to my Lightroom courses prefer their images to be stored on their local drives (or external drives) and use Lr Classic.

As to your "slow computer" question, how much RAM have you got and what's your processing power? How much RAM is Lightroom using?

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 02, 2018 Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using both Lightroom Classic and Lightroom CC is not recommended, especially if you are new to both applications. Do you understand all the differences between each?

I’m not sure why you need to put watermarked images in the cloud for storage. Can you explain why this is important to you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2018 Oct 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just curious as to why Adobe would bundle them together if it is not recommended to use both?

I took 370 photos of a fire competition last week, I was the only photographer on the field, everyone wanted to see the photos, so I created a separate folder in Lightroom and corrected each photo and shared them. I do not mind people downloading the photos they want, but would like to have my watermark on them.

I want to use my graphic logo as my watermark, whereas I give these away from free, perhaps I will pick up some business in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, I agree that bundling both of the Lightrooms is confusing. I don’t know why Adobe made the whole Lightroom family so confusing.

I use Lightroom Classic for my professional and personal use, but also have Lightroom CC so that I can teach it, or use it for travel. I use Lightroom CC on my mobile devices, but I don’t use it on the same computer where my Lightroom Classic catalog is.

With Lightroom Classic you can put images in a collection and share (or sync) that collection to Lightroom Mobile. You can then create a public url to share with others. By default, viewers of that link can’t download the images. The images also don’t have a watermark. I’ve never considered this to be a problem because they aren’t full resolution either, but I think you have a point. I can see why it might be a good idea for them to have a graphic watermark, especially if you enable the download option. Right now that option doesn’t exist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not use Lightroom-CC, but my thoughts might be for Lr-Classic (using some HDD space!)-

1. Export the images as JPG to a local HDD folder, with the watermark, and check on the [Add to Catalog] option,

2. Create a Collection of the exported folder of images

3. Turn on the 'Sync with Mobile'

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'll tell you why it's important, at least to me.  After an event shoot, all of my photos are available for a large group of people to download (from a specifically shared album uploaded to Lightroom cloud).  This gives participants an easy way to access and download the photos.   However, It seems that, despite having the ability to watermark photos, the watermarks don't appear in the Lightroom cloud where anyone with the shared link can download (which is the setting I must set in order for others to download their event photos).  Hence, there's no way of controlling the extent of what people do with my photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well first off Classic has a far superior tool set. Not to mention the cost of having my 10TB of photos online.

CC on mobile devices does have a watermarking option.

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines