• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When will LR CC support Z7 raw files?

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2018 Oct 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please let me know when I can start using your service again. This is quite disappointing!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 03, 2018 Oct 03, 2018

See Nikon Z7 Raw

Maybe ask Nikon why they failed to offer DNG as an option?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See Nikon Z7 Raw

Maybe ask Nikon why they failed to offer DNG as an option?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Z7 is a brand-new camera, released since the last Lightroom update. I suspect it will be supported when the next update is released, probably within the next month. Only an estimate, of course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow so I pay for an update service that can’t anticipate the release of new cameras.

Time to look for new options.....

Fred

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a link to a discussion that is a couple of months old about a Sony camera that wasn't supported at the time. I suggest that you read the entire thread, substituting your new Nikon as the subject and consider all the answers. Nothing is different, the situation is exactly the same now as it was for that Sony camera.

Re: Sony RX100 VI raw file support?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nikon considers Adobe to be a competitor, so Nikon is not going to give Adobe -- or any other software maker -- a pre-release camera. Nikon -- or any other camera maker -- is certainly not going to coordinate release schedules.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://lightroom.adobe.com already supports the Z7 (just try it by uploading some nef files and you'll see). They will sync down to your existing CC and Classic installations and should work there. Adobe should release an update to Lightroom CC and Classic sometime soon that will support the Z7 directly. Don't ask me when as I don't know. Interestingly,  Z7 raw files contain camera raw/lightroom development tags that appear to be based on the in camera settings that Lightroom web can read and applies: https://twitter.com/JvdLagemaat/status/1044396877666373632  so Nikon might actually be opening up.

Anxiously awaiting my own Z7....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks I will try it!

Fred

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines