Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Premiere Pro user: how to keep clips together when changing speed

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2018 Oct 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are considering moving from Movavi Video Editor to Premiere Pro and started a product trial. We often accelerate certain scenes (food/recipe videos), and in Movavi, if we accelerate a clip from 100% to 200%, everything else in the timeline moves to "stick" to the clip's endpoint. In Premiere Pro, it seems one option is to use the Remove Gap function, but it is manual and adds an extra step. Also, after removing the gap, if I try to go back from 200% to 100%, the clip can't expand its length back to the original, as it is squeezed by the next clip. There must be a way for things on the timeline to automatically adjust and all clips to stay bonded to each other as we adjust speeds up and down... but I can't find that setting. Help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 03, 2018 Oct 03, 2018

When you change the speed of the clip, make sure the box for Ripple Edit, Shifting Trailing Clips is checked:

Screen Shot 2018-10-03 at 6.54.04 PM.png

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 03, 2018 Oct 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you change the speed of the clip, make sure the box for Ripple Edit, Shifting Trailing Clips is checked:

Screen Shot 2018-10-03 at 6.54.04 PM.png

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Meg! This is helpful and going in the right direction. I tested and it worked when accelerating from 100% to 200%.

However, I still ran into a problem when re-adjusting from 200% to 100%, doing exactly the same command:

- the clip sound timeline got out of alignment, while it stayed in synch on the 100% to 200% change.

- all clips now show +59.0759 07 data point added to all clips.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Meg! This is helpful and going in the right direction. I tested and it worked when accelerating from 100% to 200%.

However, I still ran into a problem when re-adjusting from 200% to 100%, doing exactly the same command:

- the clip sound timeline got out of alignment, while it stayed in synch on the 100% to 200% change.

- all clips now show +59.07

59 07 data point added to all clips.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've never noticed that behavior before. I think it may have something to do with the attached audio on the clip being an L cut to the next edit.

Did you want the clips audio to speed up and slow down with the video?

My personal workflow for handling speed changes on clips already in an edit sequence is to drag the clip up an empty video track and adjust the speed there and make any necessary trims, then place the changed clip back onto the original track.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines