• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat DC hangs when opening files on corporate network but not at home

Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2018 Sep 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have one MacBook Pro 13" with Touch Bar and I use Adobe Acrobat DC 18.011.20058.

1. I open Acrobat

2. I open a file, for example the latest, ot I make a new file

3. Beach ball comes up and Acrobat is locked for several minutes before waking again.

4. If I disconnect the network cable it immediately wakes up

5. If I disconnect networking it won't lock at all.

6. When using it at home it works fine.

7. We have tried removing everything about Adobe and Adobe Acrobat from the machine incl prefs files etc and reinstalled

It seems our corporate network blocks something. What can it be?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 07, 2018 Sep 07, 2018

Hi Kave75,

As per the issue description mentioned above, you are facing issue when opening files on corporate network using Acrobat, is that correct?

Try adding the network location under privileged location using the steps given in the following link and check if that helps:

Enhanced security setting for PDFs, Adobe Acrobat

If that doesn't work, try disabling Protected View / Enhanced security by clicking Edit menu > Preferences > Security (Enhanced) > select Off under Protected View > uncheck the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 07, 2018 Sep 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kave75,

As per the issue description mentioned above, you are facing issue when opening files on corporate network using Acrobat, is that correct?

Try adding the network location under privileged location using the steps given in the following link and check if that helps:

Enhanced security setting for PDFs, Adobe Acrobat

If that doesn't work, try disabling Protected View / Enhanced security by clicking Edit menu > Preferences > Security (Enhanced) > select Off under Protected View > uncheck the box next to enhanced security > click OK. Relaunch Acrobat and check.

Note: Disabling protected view/ Enhanced security is for troubleshooting purpose only, and not recommended. Please turn the feature back on after troubleshooting is complete.

Let us know if you need any help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a follow-up to this.

I was able to get things working by adding a public DNS server (8.8.8.8) to their list of DNS servers on the macs having this problem.

If their computer only points to our DNS server (on Windows DNS) then Adobe hangs.  If I add the public DNS server, the problem goes away (there are slight delays, probably waiting for DNS timeouts or something, and then it works).

No idea why.  Is Adobe Acrobat making DNS calls that are somehow not Windows DNS server friendly?

Thanks,

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2018 Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're having the same issue.  Two of our MacBook Pros are doing this.  At home, they work fine, at the office (or at home when they connect to the corporate network via the VPN) they have this issue where it freezes while opening a document.

I've tried the above suggestions, but it has not helped.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Is there any update on this issue?

in addition i have done the following as a temporary solution,

1. Select Adobe Reader
  2. Hold Shift+ Ctrl on your keyboard and Right click on Adobe Reader DC Icon
  3. Select Run As Different User
  4. Type in Your credentials
  5. Once Adobe Opens
  6. Go to Edit>Preferences> Security(Enhanced)>Sandbox Protections

Uncheck RUN IN AppContainer

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines