• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Every time I open Lightroom Classic CC it syncs all my photos. every time. why?

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So every time I launch Adobe Lightroom Classic CC it automatically begins to sync hundreds of my images.

For example, I tried to import 330 images from a recent shoot and when they imported Lightroom began to sync upwards towards 800 images. This happens every time I open Lightroom regardless if im trying to import new images or not. I only shoot RAW, not RAW+ JPEG. So there should be double the amount of images., Just the raws.

The number of synced images will keep rising too while in the middle of the current sync.

Im at a loss as to why this happens every single time I launch Lightroom Classic. I haven't played with any of Lightroom's sync settings, this just started happening one day out of the blue.

Screen Shot 2018-10-04 at 7.53.55 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

Have you installed Lightroom CC on your phone by any chance? It is possible that it is importing every image on the photoroll on your phone and uploading those to the cloud. Classic will then download all those.

Have you set any collections in Classic to sync? They will have a little two-sided arrow next to them in the left folder/collection list.

If you make any changes to any images that are synced to the cloud, it will sync those changes, so it is possible you are seeing that.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you installed Lightroom CC on your phone by any chance? It is possible that it is importing every image on the photoroll on your phone and uploading those to the cloud. Classic will then download all those.

Have you set any collections in Classic to sync? They will have a little two-sided arrow next to them in the left folder/collection list.

If you make any changes to any images that are synced to the cloud, it will sync those changes, so it is possible you are seeing that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines