• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Glossary

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2009 Mar 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RH8. I am having problems with the glossary in the .chm file. On the Glossary tab in the .chm file, the first entry in the list of terms is preceded by ME=, that is, ME=<glossary word>. The definition is correct. I am sure that I have a corrupt file (caused by other efforts to create a glossary manually as an XML (text) file) that is causing the problem, but I don't know where to look. I have deleted the .glo file and recreated the glossary. I deleted the *.cpd and *.xpj files, and the I opened the *.hhp file. All with no luck.

Any help would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 26, 2009 Mar 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cal

Perhaps define a new Glossary?

To define a new Glossary:
Right-click the Glossary pseudo folder in the Project Manager pod and choose "New Glossary".
Edit as desired then configure your layout to use the new Glossary.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2009 Mar 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captiv8r,

Thanks for taking time to reply.

I created a new glossary as you suggested but still have the same problem.

I created a new project and still have the same problem.

It has to be something unique with my computer (registry maybe). A coworker has RH8, and he doesn't have this problem.

Any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cal

Definitely something weird going on.

The only suggestion I can think of at the moment is to buy a pizza. Find an empty workstation location and place the pizza there. Lure your co-worker to the pizza and while they are away you swap computers. Now your coworker has the issue!

Okay, so that was way lame. But it was the best I could do.

On a more serious note, I really do wish I had more to offer. Unfortunately I'm a bit stumped. I'll try to bounce it off my colleagues today and see if anyone else has something to try.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captiv8r,

Unfortunately, if I transfer to the problem to my coworker I will still have to help.

So I am going to order the pizza and keep it to myself. The problem may still exist, but at least lunch (which is probably more important) is covered.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say that your coworker doesn't have this problem, do you mean that they take the same project, generate a CHM file and the Glossary appears correctly?

If not, is your CHM the product of a merged project? If yes, maybe the problem is coming from one of the child projects.

Debbie
www.lingotip.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2009 Mar 31, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dsarig,

Thanks for your time in replying.

My coworker created a new project and a glossary. He did not have the problem. I copied his .glo file, renamed it, and placed in my project with the problem. The problem presented in my project using the .glo file from the clean project.

I also created a new project (one topic, one glossary entry) and had the same problem.

My CHM file is not a merged project.

Thoughts?

With all that said, the problem seems to be resolved; although, I don't know what caused it, and I suspect there may have been another fix.

I used the Repair option in the install package. I have no idea what was repaired, but the problem is gone (for now at least). The problem was corrected in a new test project as well as old test projects (test projects = projects that I created while working on the problem).

Thanks again for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 31, 2009 Mar 31, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you got things sorted. Maybe some component was uninstalled or became corrupted. You could try using Helpware's diagnostics tool

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2012 Aug 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cal, I had the same problem with my RH9 glossary. The first entry was prefixed with 'ME=' in the CHM file until I reinstalled RH9 using the Setup files. It only happened to the first entry. Anyhow , your post was very useful. Without it I'm not sure I would have reinstalled the product.

Job done

Thanks ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp