• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost ability to sort by newest in public collection website

Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2018 Oct 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a large public Lightroom collection to share photos with family and friends. Until recently, viewers on the public collection site were able to re-sort the album to see the newest photos first. With a recent update, that option seems to be gone. Is it hidden somewhere or is the option to view a public collection by newest truly gone?

I've tried re-sorting the photos in my Lightroom desktop, but the changes don't seem to transfer to the public collection site. Any help would be much appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 06, 2018 Oct 06, 2018

Indeed it looks like that ability was removed recently. I remember it being

there too in shared CC albums.

On Sat, Oct 6, 2018 at 7:34 AM emilyk65066089 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by a public collection site? Are you sharing an album in Lightroom CC? Or are you somehow publishing to a website in Lightroom Classic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the confusion and thanks for your response. I am sharing a collection that I've created in Lightroom classic. I've chosen the option to make the collection public so that family and friends can view what I've uploaded.

Here is the link: Daniel and Nathan  there used to be an option for viewers to sort the images by newest first, and now that option seems to be gone. I'm hoping it's hidden somewhere that I can't find?

Changing the sort order in my view in Lightroom Classic does not change how the images are sorted in the public link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you not have the icon at the base of the page?

Will "Reverse Order" do what you want?

ScreenShot359.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I definitely don't see anything like that. Your screenshot is from clicking my link above? I've looked both on desktop and mobile and don't see that icon. Also have family with the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 06, 2018 Oct 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot be sure, but are you opening the web page with your own login and password?

Maybe the people you share with do not get the 'sort' icon.

Try opening your web page from within Lightroom by-

1.Right-click on the 'Sync' icon to the left of one of your synced Collections

2. Choose {Lightroom CC Links > View on Web}

ScreenShot362.jpg

ScreenShot361.jpg

I would expect you to be seeing your screen similar to mine with the sort icon at the base-

ScreenShot360.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah right. So yes, if log in, I can sort my view, but it's the people I'm sharing with that no longer have the option. It used to be there for them till recently, and I was hoping that I just couldn't find it. If you click my collection link without being logged in, are you still able to sort? It's a shame if viewers have to scroll through 5000 images to see the most recent, especially on mobile where only a few load at a time.

Sincere thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed it looks like that ability was removed recently. I remember it being

there too in shared CC albums.

On Sat, Oct 6, 2018 at 7:34 AM emilyk65066089 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They've made it easier for you to reorder photos as you want, group them and add subheadings and text, and to change the appearance of the page that you share. On the other hand, visitors no longer have the ability to sort.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you click my collection link without being logged in, are you still able to sort?

No Emily, I do not see any way to sort, as stated by others it seems this option does not exist.

john beardsworth, I am most interested in your statement-

reorder photos as you want, group them and add subheadings and text, and to change the appearance of the page that you share.

Can you direct me to some detailed info or help reference on this topic? Appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 07, 2018 Oct 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This grouping and subheading is very new, so there isn't a lot of detailed info, but it is a really good step forward for sharing photos with others. In Lightroom Web go to the Dashboard and the News and Updates section - Sept 27 is Album Display Updates. Basically, look at the "Display" tab.SNAG-0011.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wrote up a blog post on Lightroom Web sharing grows up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Most helpful. Much appreciation, thanks John

(Your B&W books an inspiration to me!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you everyone! I'll take the time to go through the album and manually sort and organize so viewers can see the most recent stuff first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines