• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Site pricing irregularities

Participant ,
Oct 06, 2018 Oct 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On multiple sites people are getting two different offer pages using the same link. There was a thread on Luminous Landscape where a few PixelGenius members post. Some see both the $9.99 (Photography Plan) and the $19.99 (LR CC & 1TB) and others only see the $19.99 plan. Personally I don't care but it is ticking people off as they get frustrated trying to find the $9.99 plan. Since LR went subscription there has been has be pretty big dislike for Adobe and this just fuels it.

I notices that when I open the main page the pricing spins for a few seconds before. This link always came up at $19.99 for person I was helping. For me $9.99 signed in or out of my account. I realize that you can scroll and look around but first impressions make a big difference and just starts more conspiracy theories.      

This link came up with $19.99 for that person.   

Adobe Creative Cloud Photography plan | Professional photo editing software

This link came up with all the plans for that person.    

Creative Cloud pricing and membership plans | Adobe Creative Cloud

Is there some reason for this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you should ask Adobe about this?

We are just users in this forum, we are not Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As much as I like Adobe products the last on my list of all things is calling them, etc. There are moderators on these forums that might lead to another source. Personally I don't really really care but I know of one potential customer that didn't go with it because of this. Thought I'd give it a try.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are moderators on these forums that might lead to another source.

That doesn't happen here, the few moderators don't answer why, and don't forward the info to the appropriate teams. This is the wrong forum for this. You need to contact Adobe directly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, there is some confusing bits of data from Adobe on their site but indeed, the $9.99 plan still exists and you can find it on Amazon and B&H photo to name a few. The $19.95 adds more cloud storage for that extra money.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found links to Adobe that have worked and referred people to B&H. Some sites said that it was not a platform or OS version issue. I'm thinking region and possibly wonky service provider links?. Also Adobe is a pretty company so my guess is several departments are working on the site independently from each other possibly causing issues.   

Still curios to whey the pricing spins for a few seconds before it comes up. What is is checking for? It does this when I'm logged in or logged out. Since I'm connected via the Cloud App it still knows I'm a customer.                   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/digital+paradise  wrote

Still curios to whey the pricing spins for a few seconds before it comes up. What is is checking for? It does this when I'm logged in or logged out. Since I'm connected via the Cloud App it still knows I'm a customer.                   

Seems to differ if you're logged in or not. Very odd.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe it does. I may have missed it. Just thought I'd mention the conspiracy theorists are saying Adobe is testing the waters to see if people pick the $19.99 plan. Perhaps to see if they might consider dropping the $9.99 for new customers altogether. $9.99 was originally supposed to be for a limited time but Adobe extended it.                      

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 07, 2018 Oct 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Best to totally ignore Adobe (and other) conspiracy theorists!

I can provide two Adobe URL's that show the $9.95 plan that provide this from THIS morning on my iPhone:

IMG_1129.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines