• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crashing on latest Acrobat Pro DC Version: 2019.008.20071

Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2018 Oct 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I signed up for a free week trial of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC and it has been completely unusable.

The program would randomly close/crash upon doing anything. I'll open the program and I have a small window of time (seconds) until the program we just silently force quit. No crash report or anything, the program just quits.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 06, 2018 Oct 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat team has a identified a fix for the print issue which has recently surfaced (with Oct 2 update).

We are evaluating the fix currently and will roll out patch soon.

-Vishal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully, the update is pushed soon. The recent version '2019.008.20074' has not fixed anything in regards to the application being completely unusable. As it is crashing every single time on open within seconds of use.

Tomorrow I'm attending an Adobe accessibility workshop hosted by Adobe Acrobat Staff. It's going to be embarrassing when no one will be able to use the application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi danp10605781 ,

Sorry for the issue that you are facing while using Adobe Acrobat Reader.

I would request you to kindly share the Crash dumps when Reader Crashes for you.

Here is how you can collect the crash dump :

When Reader Crashes (If you get this error message "Adobe Reader has stopped working") , Can you please share with us the Crash Logs .

For Getting the Crash Logs:

a.      When Acrobat Reader Crashes , Open Windows Task Manager

b.      -> Got To Processes, There you can see a process "Adobe Acrobat Reader DC" / AcroRd32.exe

c.      Right Click on this process and click "Create Dump File"

d.      Dump file will be created in the Temp folder of user (as specified on the dialog you get after creating dump files).

e.      Save this DMP file on any Cloud Storage and Share the link for that with us on mail at ajain@adobe.com

If you Do not get a Acrobat/Reader crash report dialog, we may need to enable Automatic Dump creation for you.

For that,

Create the following registry key :

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\LocalDumps]

"DumpFolder"=hex(2):43,00,3a,00,5c,00,64,00,75,00,6d,00,70,00,73,00,00,00

"DumpCount"=dword:0000000a

"DumpType"=dword:00000002

1. Create the registry key LocalDumps if it is not present already as mentioned above
  2. Reproduce the problem (i.e. make the application crash).
  3. Locate the crash dump file in C:\dumps
  4. Share the crash dump file.

We will try to analyze your issue on priority once you share this information with us.

Thanks,

Ayush Jain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I created and imported the registry key. However, no crash dump file gets generated.

The application simply shutdowns without any error windows or processes.

I can record it happening if needed, but it's really just that. I open Adobe Acrobat DC and after ~11 seconds of the application being open- it closes.

I am able to create a dump file from the task manager, however it's created before the application 'crashes'.

So I assume that will be useless. (It's also 212 MB in size)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines