• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign file wont collect because of missing plugins

Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2018 Oct 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a very large Indesign file that someone gave me. When I go to collect the file it is telling me that there is a third-party missing plugin and wont complete the collection. I have tried to save the file as a IDML file but the program crashes after a very long time of trying to save.

How can I remove reference to the missing plugins so I can collect it?

(it is actually a Indesign 6 file and I wold prefer to keep it that way if possible, although I have tried with the trial version of Creative Cloud and have exactly the same issues)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 07, 2018 Oct 07, 2018

I was able to collect it using FlightCheck. it identified the plugins as missing but collected the files without issue.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Just curious for the future, what is  corrupt_indesign_docs@adobe.com​

all about? Is there a charge for recovery?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this script - Re: InDesign 6 is crashing when attempting to open a particular document. All others are opening OK.

Try this email corrupt_indesign_docs@adobe.com

Read here - How to open a corrupt/damaged Indesign file?

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. I was able to save the file as an IDML file, but still cant open the IDML. When I try it goes through the long progress bar graph of all the files but then at the end I just get the spinning beach ball and eventually ID crashes without opening the IDML.

Is there no way from the original Indesign File to remove the reference to the plugin?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Oct 07, 2018 Oct 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you send your file to corrupt_indesign_docs@adobe.com ?

Can you place your idml to some dropbox/yadisk?

Did you do "factory reset" of InDesign? Troubleshooting 101: Replace, or "trash" your InDesign preferences [2009 Outdated & Locked]

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2018 Oct 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to collect it using FlightCheck. it identified the plugins as missing but collected the files without issue.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Just curious for the future, what is  corrupt_indesign_docs@adobe.com​

all about? Is there a charge for recovery?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is email for trying to recovery indd files, few months ago some of Adobe Staff give it here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines