• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transcript from Subtitles/SRT file

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2018 Oct 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know of an easy way to get a formatted transcript and/or timed spotting list from an srt file? I'm working on a documentary and have subtitles for most of the film (that were created in Premiere), so if there's a way to use those to create the transcript, that would save me from having to type everything out again myself.

I appreciate any suggestions!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's various subtitle tools that might help you out converting from one format to another. Video Toolshed's 'Subbits' springs to mind. I've used that to go the other way (Transcript -> Subtitles, with it auto breaking the speech by character limit.

Although you could probably get as much by using RegEx in a text editor to strip out the subtitle numbering and excessive digits on timecode, cleaning up by hand.

Not sure the SRT would contain all the info for a transcript or spotting file though (mainly speaker names).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A much harder task than the other way around: subtitles from transcript. Searching "timed spotting list" provides services that do this, but not free products that provide this. My go to is Subtitle Edit, and it does not appear to do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi videot,

Did you ever find a solution to your issue? Please let us know as it would assist others.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines