Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Zoom search highlight in topics

Mar 30, 2009 Mar 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have now got Zoom search working well with RoboHelp 7, however, when I try and implement the highlight.js code to provide highlighting in search results this causes a problem with the DHTML drop-downs.

I tried both the onload and outside body method of calling the highlight function, but both of these caused problems. In the generated webhelp, when you open a topic from the TOC the drop-downs work fine. However, if you open the same topic as a Zoom search result, then the drop-downs will not expand. I tried several ways to implement this and they all had the same problem. I assume that there's some issue with the RH drop-down JavaScript and the Zoom highlight JavaScript.

Has anyone found a way round this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The highlighting is not something I have used. Why not contact Wrensoft to ask them if they have had other reports of this from RoboHelp users? David Wren is very helpful on things like this and is aware they have a RoboHelp user base.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion. It's hard to know which issues to raise in which forum! I thought that someone else had probably encountered this already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there Help_searcher

When I read your response to Peter's suggestion I sense that perhaps you felt Peter was somehow admonishing you for posting the issue here. I'd just like to say that I'm very doubtful that he was doing that at all. He was only trying to help you.

If you are concerned about which forum to use (Wrensoft or Adobe) then just post to both forums and see where you get an answer first. No harm in that.

As for any concerns about which Adobe forum category to post in, unless you have a really odd issue, it won't make much of a difference as most of us here watch all forum categories and will reply if we are able.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I didn't mean it to come across that way. Peter's right, Wrensoft have been very helpful and do respond quickly to messages. Indeed, having taken Peter's suggestion late last night I've got up this morning to find a reply from Ray already (not sure that my JavaScript is up to working out what the conflicts are, but will have a look when I get to work).

Thanks to you both for replying, it makes a real difference to know that people are prepared to try and help when you're battling against the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp