Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Data Merge Crash

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm trying to use data merge to fill out a sheet I've created. The text fields work perfectly fine but whenever I drag an image field to place, the app crashes and I have to reopen and map the fields again. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please let us know what operating system and what (specific) version of InDesign. (Please don't just say "Latest Version", as the latest version available to any given user is dependent upon what operating system they are using) 

Also screen shots of your InDesign template (with invisible characters and frame edges showing), as well as your Data Merge Pallet would be helpful to trying to diagnose the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Noel.

Sorry to hear about this. in addition to the details asked by Susan, I would also request you to please share a few more details like:

• Is the problem is with some particular image of with multiple images?
  • Check if the images work fine in a new InDesign file?
  • Where the images and file are saved (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System /External HDD)?

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

So actually I was able to get it to stop crashing, however now I am getting an error when previewing the files.

Error: The data source references one or more missing images. The missing images cannot be previewed or merged. At the time you create a merged document, you can choose to generate a list of all missing images.

I am running Adobe InDesign CC 13.1 on MacOS Mojave.

Thank you

Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Noel,

This error occurs when a database used as a data source contains an image field that is referencing links that it can’t find. These links need to be fixed in the database and then the “update data source” selected from the Data Merge palette.

In instances of Data Merge projects that require images, please try to keep all images referenced by the database in the same folder as the database, as the file reference in the database is only the name of the image, not the full file path.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines