• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing Lens Profiles

Participant ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rokinon/Samyang have a profile available for their 24mm T/S lens.  I have downloaded the profile - it is a .lcp file - and have copied into the following location

C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\LensProfiles\1.0

I also tried installing it in the root LensProfiles folder.

In both cases, the profile does not appear in either Lightroom nor Camera Raw.  Lightroom was closed when the profile was copied to the folder and re-opened afterward.

Does anyone have insight into the installation of lens profiles and why the profile may not be showing up?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lens profiles are normally for raw images or jpeg images, not for both. Have to checked that you have selected the correct image type? The location should be correct.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assumed, perhaps incorrectly, that the profile would be for RAW files.  I'll create a JPEG and see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the 24mm T/S lens profile for Nikon D800E (I have Canon full frame cameras but there are not versions for full frame Canon) and opened it with a text editor. It looks like it's not a raw profile:

<stCamera:CameraRawProfile>False</stCamera:CameraRawProfile>

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks JohanEl54.  That may be the issue.  I'm using a D800, but the profile shouldn't be body specific.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try turning the profile into a raw-specific profile by simply editing the lip file in a text editor and setting the CameraRawProfile property to True. It might work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will give it a try tomorrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Jao+vdL  wrote

You can try turning the profile into a raw-specific profile by simply editing the lip file in a text editor and setting the CameraRawProfile property to True. It might work.

That might make the profile available when a raw file is selected, but it won't be a raw-specific profile. It will still be a profile created with jpegs.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

True.  But the barrel distortion should be consistent.  So if the profile has been created to correct that in the unshifted state, it's fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes but it will only matter for the vignetting. It should correct the

geometric distortion correctly as that will be the same whether you shoot

raw or jpeg. If one desires it is pretty easy to generate a lens profile

yourself using the profile creation tools Adobe provides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is, and if  this doesn't work, I will probably go to that next stage. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, it worked.  At first I didn't think it did, but despite the file name being Rokinon, it shows up under the Samyang group in Lightroom. 

It does appear to correct the barrel distortion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines