• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues installing presets Lightroom CC classic 7.5

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just installed the latest version of LR 7.5 on a new computer, and I cannot access any of my downloaded presets.

When trying to access the location via Edit/Preferences/Presets instead of the regular option 'Show Lightroom Presets Folder', I can only see 'Show Lightroom Develop Presets' and 'Show all other Lightroom Presets'.

When I select the first option, it actually opens a pathway to Camera Raw, NOT Lightroom?

Can someone please advise how I go about fixing this and/or how I can add my presets for use?

Thankyou

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Presets changed in Lightroom Classic 7.3

• 7.2 and earlier
    • file format was lua with file names like xyz.lrtemplate
    • files were stored in the Application Support Adobe\Lightroom\Develop Presets folder (the Other button)
    • all presets could be stored with the catalogue
  • from 7.3
    • file format is xml with file names like xyz.xmp
    • files stored in the Application Support Adobe\CameraRaw\Settings (the new button)
    • Develop presets cannot be stored with the catalogue

If Classic finds any presets in the old Develop Presets folder, it will copy them to the new location and convert the file format. As it wouldn't make sense to repeat this every time it opens, it also marks the converted preset's name with tildes as in "~~Sharpening - Fuji X-T2.lrtemplate".

As you are trying to load some old presets into Classic 7.5, follow the Other button and put them in the old Develop Presets folder, then restart LR. It will convert them to the new location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

Thankyou for your reply and information.

Unfortunately, I had already tried putting my .lrtemplate files in the old Develop folder location, restarting LR but none of the files have been moved or converted to the new location by LR. I also tried restarting the computer, but this also did nothing.

Is this something I can do manually myself to rectify the issue? Can the files be converted to .xml/.xmp files and placed in the new 'settings' folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW, I'm still running LR 7.4 on my old computer, and I'm having no issues accessing the presets there. They are still sitting in the following location:

c:\users\appdata\roaming\adobe\lightroom\develop presets

and they are lrtemplate files (that appear to have been converted by LR as they show ~~ at the front of their file name).

I've tried again to put these files into the old location and open LR but nothing is happening, no conversions are being done automatically as you advised?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do the filenames have tildes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The problem may be that you are trying to use files which have filenames including tildes - 7.3 or 7.4 would have added them when it converted the presets. On the new computer, remove the tildes from the filenames which you put in the old location.

Alternatively, on the old computer go to the location I mentioned above for 7.3. Copy those xmp files and put them in the new location on the new computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines