Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

animated GIF - stop the looping

Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I need to save a short video I created as an animated gif. I don't find any option of canceling the looping, and I want it to loop once.

Please help!

Thanks,

adi

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Apparently there IS code in the GIF that tells it to loop, which I didn't think was true.

As for what options are available when you save your GIF with PPro, I don't know cause I use an older version of PPro and haven't made an animated GIF in ages.

This article explains using GIMP (free open source program) to make GIF loop once, without using code in website (read about halfway down article to find info about GIMP)

html - Making animated GIF only loop once using JavaScript - Stack Overflow

https://www.gimp.org/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi adi,

I understand you have exported a GIF  from Adobe Premiere pro.

Ideally, a GIF exported from Adobe Premiere Pro does not loop itself unless the media player is doing so. Please answer the following questions so that we can help you better:

• Which media player are you using to play the Animated GIF?
  • What is the exact version of Adobe Premiere pro that you are using?

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that's a function of the player or website code if you are putting into a web site.

Usually it either loops ( forever ) or it does NOT loop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rodney, (?)

So there is no option to choose at premiere if it will loop or not?

in addition, the 5 seconds gif I created is too big (70 MG). I don't find a way to save it with a normal resolution but not so big size file. Any idea?

Thank you very much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shivangi,

Thank you for the answer.

I'm using the defult photos app of windows 10.

I aploaded the animated gif to my website, and it was also looping.

I'm using adobe premiere pro CC 2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently there IS code in the GIF that tells it to loop, which I didn't think was true.

As for what options are available when you save your GIF with PPro, I don't know cause I use an older version of PPro and haven't made an animated GIF in ages.

This article explains using GIMP (free open source program) to make GIF loop once, without using code in website (read about halfway down article to find info about GIMP)

html - Making animated GIF only loop once using JavaScript - Stack Overflow

https://www.gimp.org/

While you export your GIF with option to loop once, see if there's some way to reduce your file size ( byte count ).

good luck !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently when we talk about gif, we immediately relate it to continuous playback.

You do not need a gif, you need a video and, like all videos, it plays once.

You should try exporting in h264 with low frame rate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

low bit rate ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While it's not Premiere Pro, you could import your video to frame layers in Photoshop and then you'll have all of the control you need, including the ability to set the number of loops (from 1 to forever), as well as the ability set different timing on specific frames, changing the scale of the gif, the colors, and a few other goodies. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2023 Aug 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This totally worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines