Lost all my Collections in Classic

New Here ,
Oct 06, 2018 Oct 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All

My MacBook hard drive crashed!

All my photos are intact on a NAS drive

I have reinstalled Lightroom Classic on a new Mac.

I don't have the Catalogue saved.

Is there a way to download my collections from Lightroom CC to my Lightroom Classic installation on my MacBook?

Many thanks

Eli

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 07, 2018 Oct 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sync the Lightroom Catalog to the cloud. That will download all the cloud images and create collections that match the online albums. Of course it will only recreate what is online, and it won’t recreate the collection hierachy (collection sets are not synced).

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks Johan, much appreciated.

will it download full resulution photos from CC web?

Also, can you explain what you mean when you say, it won’t recreate “collection hierarchy “

all I am really after is my albums

heers

eli

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

elis61310225  wrote

Many thanks Johan, much appreciated.

will it download full resulution photos from CC web?

Also, can you explain what you mean when you say, it won’t recreate “collection hierarchy “

all I am really after is my albums

heers

eli

It downloads what is stored online (and can be viewed in Lightroom Web). If you have full resolution originals online, then that is what gets downloaded. If you have photos online that were originally uploaded by Lightroom Classic, then these will not be full resolution originals but smart previews.

A collection hierarchy is the 'tree' you can build with collections sets in Lightroom Classic, and with folders in Lightroom CC. So for example something like this:

Europe > France > Paris

In this case only 'Paris' will be recreated, because 'Paris' is the album that contains the images. 'Europe' and 'France' are folders that you used to create a hierarchy. In Lightroom Classic you can do the same with Collection Sets, but you would have to do that manually.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, got it, many thanks Johan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Johan

So My MacBook has spent the best part of the day syncing photos from Lightroom CC to Classic.

The CC Collections show up, but random number of photos appear, and some collections have no photos!

.Screen Shot 2018-10-09 at 4.46.41 pm.png

The strange thing is that original, when it started syncing, Classic showed 27,000 photos were syncing, but only about 4000 show up.

Also, there are no photos in the Lightroom Web module!!

Do you have any ideas, as to where the photos in my collections are in Classic?

Cheers

Eli

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The screenshot shows that Lightroom is still syncing, so maybe that single photo in the selected collection is still 'on its way'.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the syncing download from CC finished.

Can you explain why there are hardly any photos in my collections?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

elis61310225  wrote

the syncing download from CC finished.

Can you explain why there are hardly any photos in my collections?

No. Lightroom should download everything that's in the cloud. If it didn't, I can't tell you why.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Go to lightroom.adobe.com and log into your CC account. You will see everything that has been synced to the cloud. What you see online should match what you see in Lightroom Classic. If if doesn’t, then everything isn’t done downloading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines