• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC 2018 First half hour after install

Explorer ,
Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last Friday my company finally installed CC2018 on my system along with Windows 10. I was very happy to finally be a little more up-to-date but my hapiness was short lived.

First, effects windows and Lumetri and scope windows will not stay where you put them. Everytime you switch between sequences.The windows go back to the center of the screen and this is really annoying.

Second, I never had to close a project before selecting a new one. It would just open the other project without any problems. With this version If I don't close the project first, the sequence from the previous project are showing up in the new one. I basically have to close a project before opening another one. If you are in a situation where I constantly switch between projects it becomes a problem very quickly.

Correction: When you want to switch project if you don't close the current project first it import the new project into the active. And I don't think that's normal. Then if you hit close project it close the imported part and leaves the first project open. This may not be a problem for some but for us it is huge because the system currently hold more than 50 different projects at one time.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 12, 2018 Oct 12, 2018

I am sorry for the assumption about the windows reverting back to their default position everytime I switch sequences. After awhile we realized that even windows softwares where doing the same thing.

The techs solved it by trashing the user profile in Windows and creating a new one.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check out the new features of PP2018, you can now open multiple projects. Do a search around for that. You may find some way to prevent that from happening. Otherwise, you'll need to close an open project first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi DanGlobalTV,

Sorry to hear about this.

Everytime you switch between sequences.The windows go back to the center of the screen and this is really annoying.

Please try to reset the workspace. You can refer to the link mentioned below:

FAQ: How to fix workspace related issues in Premiere Pro?

With this version If I don't close the project first, the sequence from the previous project are showing up in the new one. I basically have to close a project before opening another one.

Are you referring to the multiple sequences open in the Timeline from different projects? Please share a screenshot of your workspace to understand the issue better.

Regards,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 12, 2018 Oct 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry for the assumption about the windows reverting back to their default position everytime I switch sequences. After awhile we realized that even windows softwares where doing the same thing.

The techs solved it by trashing the user profile in Windows and creating a new one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi DanGlobalTV,

Glad you found the solution. Thank you for letting us know.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines