• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

help wanted - importing AE files into premiere??

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

I'm trying to import several after effects compositions into a new premiere project, however the playback of them is extremely laggy for some reason? I am working with 4k RAW footage so the big file size might be the issue, but the preview playback is fine in After Effects so don't understand why it is so painfully laggy in Premiere.

any help would be much appreciated~

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You’ll probably have to take the time to render them in Premiere. (Press enter with the footage in your timeline.)

i would also make sure that AE is closed if you’re in Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That kind of worked, only it made everything pixelated for some reason? (I have set the preview quality to full)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to go into your Sequence Settings dialog, and change the preview format/codec used.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ann really has the best suggestion. The "dynamic link" between PrPro and Ae is useful for building and testing comps over in Ae, but after you've finished the work there, it is much faster and more reliable within PrPro to work with an actual file created like Ann says by exporting a good/appropriate quality intermediate file (and yes, Cineform would be very good for this) from AfterEffects and replacing all comps with 'real' media files.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would export the AE comp to an iintermediary file (e.g. Cineform) and put that on the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines