Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat DC 2019.008.20071 crashes

Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat DC 2019.008.20071 has bugs.

We have 33 users and most of us are experiencing this issue.

1. Open a PDF

2. open a 2nd PDF or a 2nd window and Acrobat crashes

This happens 100% of the time if the task pane is open

This happens 90% of the time if the task pane is in the new half open state

If we  "hide task pane" we seem to have less trouble.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As users are upgrading they are now reporting that they are not attempting to open multiple files, its just crashing after 10-20 seconds.  I am following other posts with same issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi scottstabb,

Apologies for the issue you are facing. Can you please share the crash dump with us. Steps given below:

For Getting the Crash Logs:

a. When Acrobat Reader Crashes , Open Windows Task Manager

b. -> Got To Processes, There you can see a process "Adobe Acrobat Reader DC" / AcroRd32.exe

c. Right Click on this process and click "Create Dump File"

d. Dump file will be created in the Temp folder of user (as specified on the dialog you get after creating dump files).

e. Save this DMP file on any Cloud Storage and Share the link.

Thanks & Regards,

Rupa Jannela

Acrobat Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2018 Oct 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is NOT listed in the processes.

D. Scott Stabb, MCSA

Scott@schellhogan.com<mailto:Scott@schellhogan.com>

912.291.1020 direct line

Schell & Hogan, LLP

101 Plantation Chase|Saint Simons Island, GA 31522

912.638.9031 phone|912.638.7711 fax

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

This electronic mail transmission may contain information that is confidential, proprietary, or otherwise legally exempt from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy or disseminate this message, any part of it, or any attachments. If you have received this message in error, please delete this message and any attachments from your system without reading the content, and notify the sender immediately of the inadvertent transmission.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also create the dump by following these steps:

Create the following registry key :

1. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\LocalDumps
  2. Create the registry key LocalDumps if it is not present already.
  3. Reproduce the problem (i.e. make the application crash).
  4. Locate the crash dump file in %LOCALAPPDATA%\CrashDumps. Note that if the crashing application runs under the System account, that resolves to C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\CrashDumps.
  5. Share the crash dump file.

Thanks,

Rupa Jannela

Acrobat Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having same issue and you can't get a DMP file because the process closes.

Here's a link to the Event Viewer log and Locale Meta Data use can view to help resolve this issue.

Dropbox - Acrobat Crash - Simplify your life

Thanks,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mike for sharing the event viewer logs. We are looking into it. Meanwhile, if possible could you also please share the dump by following these steps:

1. Create the following registry key : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\LocalDumps
  2. Create the registry key LocalDumps if it is not present already.
  3. Reproduce the problem (i.e. make the application crash).
  4. Locate the crash dump file in %LOCALAPPDATA%\CrashDumps. Note that if the crashing application runs under the System account, that resolves to C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\CrashDumps.
  5. Share the crash dump file.

Thanks,

Rupa Jannela

Acrobat Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rupa,

I've made the key and reproduced the problem but I can't locate any crash logs from them.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rupa,

I've located the crash dumps and added to the dropbox location I provided earlier.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot Mike and Scott. I'll revert to you once evaluation at our end is completed.

Regards,

Rupa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated the Video Driver AMD R7 250 to the latest version and it helps a lot.

Now we are on 24.20.11016.4

I would not bet on this being the fix since thousands of other people are having the same issue.

D. Scott Stabb, MCSA

912.291.1020 direct line

Schell & Hogan, LLP

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

This electronic mail transmission may contain information that is confidential, proprietary, or otherwise legally exempt from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy or disseminate this message, any part of it, or any attachments. If you have received this message in error, please delete this message and any attachments from your system without reading the content, and notify the sender immediately of the inadvertent transmission.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same video card and also updated the driver to the version you installed and we are experiencing far fewer problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2019.008.20074 just downloaded and installed.

What can you tell us about what this update is supposed to fix?

D. Scott Stabb, MCSA

912.291.1020 direct line

Schell & Hogan, LLP

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi scottsabb,

This release is a hotfix patch for Acrobat DC and Acrobat Reader DC that addresses some important bug fixes.You can find all the details related to version 2019.008.20074 here

Regards,

Rupa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 21, 2018 Oct 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi scott,

The crash log shared by you has a different issue which is fixed by updating the video driver, as mentioned by you in the earlier thread. The crash you are experiencing is different from other users.  Are you still facing the issue after the update?

Thanks,

Rupa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It fixed 50-75 percent of them.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Citrix Attachments

Expires April 3, 2019

Acrobat.zip

100.1 MB

Download Attachments<https://schellhogan.sharefile.com/d-sfb549602cb748609>

Scott Stabb uses Citrix Files to share documents securely.

Here you go.

I have 33 users and 15 of them are crashing.

I am updating video drivers on a few to see what happens.

If we hide the task bar it helps.

D. Scott Stabb, MCSA

912.291.1020 direct line

Schell & Hogan, LLP

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have already sent our Adobe Crash log. Any time we try to open preferences OR reduce the size of a pdf leads to a program crash as well. We had no problem prior to the move to Version 2019.008.20074. Yes, we use Mojave 10.14.

thanks

tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Apologies for the issue. Can you please share the crash logs in a shared drive or dropbox and share it with us here.

Thanks,

Rupa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cw3tk81kyoxzxnr/AACrN_kn_EGRe8s7CF8cYNXoa?dl=0

This is the crash log.

Since then Ayush Jain has sent the 2018 Version of Acrobat. It now crashes on our system as well. We have since followed the prompts to upgrade and go back to Adobe 2019 and it crashes whenever we open preferences or try to reduce a file's size.

thanks

tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How many times do you need the same crash logs???

How many people are going to request them?

WOW…

D. Scott Stabb, MCSA

912.291.1020 direct line

Schell & Hogan, LLP

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to admit that I thought this was an easy fix. My computer is a 2015 build of an imac and until the Adobe 2019 update everything worked flawlessly. Now after the update I find the program crashes when opening preferences, and reducing files less more than 1 MB in size. Today we spent another hour reinstalling the older Acrobat, making sure it did not update automatically to the 2019 version, and then watching that program crash again.

I've got to give them credit for looking at my system remotely. calling again yesterday and asking if they could repair permissions (which were fine), unfortunately my system meant a one-hour wait, so they said they'd call back.

I understand that glitches happen and that we may be the 2% out there that have problems. But this is a problem. I pay for the subscription service. It's implied in an agreement that everything just works together. I now produce an item inDesign and when making a pdf smaller (which can be done in InDesign but is so much more effective in Acrobat) it crashes. So I've had to purchase another product to do what I'm paying Acrobat for.

I appreciate all the help. But my firm is having to commit way too much time to diagnostics, remote inspections, sending crash logs, etc. This is time we bill for. Sigh.

tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copy that.

I am a Microsoft certified Admin and we have the problem with 30 of the 33 installs.

Adobe needs to figure this out.

D. Scott Stabb, MCSA

912.291.1020 direct line

Schell & Hogan, LLP

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to a note today:

"

Apple has acknowledged that issue is at their end and they have a fix ready for this. Fix will be available as part of their upcoming update (10.14.2). Please let us know if the issue still exists post that.

Thanks for your patience and co-operation!!"

But as you know there are many message boards discussing our problem and simultaneously I received a note that someone had received the last crash log and was now reviewing it. Question? If there was a problem that was caused by the OS, wouldn't it be in Adobe's best interest to post this prominently, or at least tell other tech people where to search for the problem?

Also, I've had others say that the tech took them through a clean re-install and things were fine. Well, that doesn't indicate a problem with the OS...again a Mac issue.

Weird. Especially on your front.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about windows 10? We don't use Apple.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines