• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem after the last two updates (Only for exFAT)!

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the last two updates, Acrobat started creating GPUCache folders in a folder with an open PDF file. After closing the PDF file, the GPUCache folder remains. The folder contains files without extensions: data_0, data_1, data_2, data_3, index.

This problem only concerns the exFAT file system !!!

How to get rid of it ???

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Hi tchack,

Sorry for the delay in response.     

As per the issue description mentioned above, Acrobat is creating gpu cache folders in a folder when opening a  pdf, is that correct?

Could you check if you are running the latest version of Acrobat using "Check for updates" option under "Help" menu,  You may also download updates from here: Adobe software and product updates

Reboot the machine after installing update and try again.

If that doesn't work, try the troubleshooting steps given below:

1- D

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue and it's VERY annoying and totally unacceptable! I run Acrobat CC on two different PCs - one Win 7 and one Win 10. Which filesystem you run I believe is irrelevant as I'm having NTFS on both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at Adobe Reader Creating "GPUCache" Folder - I think it would be easier to follow that thread for both of us ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On disks with NTFS I have no problems.

Solutions proposed in other topics didn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi tchack,

Sorry for the delay in response.     

As per the issue description mentioned above, Acrobat is creating gpu cache folders in a folder when opening a  pdf, is that correct?

Could you check if you are running the latest version of Acrobat using "Check for updates" option under "Help" menu,  You may also download updates from here: Adobe software and product updates

Reboot the machine after installing update and try again.

If that doesn't work, try the troubleshooting steps given below:

1- Download and run cleaner tool on the machine to uninstall Acrobat: Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

2- Reboot the machine

3- Download and install Acrobat from here:Download and install Acrobat DC subscription

4- Reboot the machine again and check.

Also, let us know dot version of Acrobat and the operating system installed on the machine? You may refer to the steps given in this link on how to check the version in Acrobat: Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Let us know if you need any help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines