Exit

PC to MAC Workflows

Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm having some issues with file paths.

I work the project in Windows but when I open it in Mac I have all the media offline. I only open it on Mac to make an export in ProRes 422 HQ from the Encoder, for example Windows created a project with media located G:\mysandrive\myrootfolder\myprojectfolder\mymediafolder. That path won't exist in a Mac environment. It would look like this: @ /Volumes/mysandrive/myrootfolder/myprojectfolder/mymediafolder.

I really do not have the time to open all the projects and link everything every time I'm going to export the sequence, Is there any possibility to export it from Encoder on Mac without the media appearing offline? Or a way to automatically reconnect the files?

I tried to change it from the XML but it is the same as it does from the project.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about this, LucasP. Can you please make the team aware of this shortcoming? Premiere Pro: Hot (2659 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

Thanks so much!
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the meantime could you export a high quality intraframe output from your PC and use that file directly in AME on the Mac to ProRes422HQ it?

I realise that is a 2-hop process but needs must.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could do that but when working with 4k sequence and RAW files making two exports would take a long time.

Maybe with a script? To automatically replace file paths in the sequence or XML when loading in AME

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed.  Here (apparently) is a Notepad++ XML pathname replacement that may be of use?

regex - Notepad++ search for path reference and replace with the file's path? - Stack Overflow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not know if that could help me but with ExtendScript Toolkit I could do it

Screen Shot 2018-10-10 at 9.18.26 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Scripting is probably saver than use a line editor.  Try is on a dummy two-clip project

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines