Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slow Moving, Not Responding

Mar 03, 2009 Mar 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lately my RH project has been freezing. Editing is slower than usual and I've been unsuccessful at generating my primary layout. Does anyone have any advise on how I can speed things up and generate a layout?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your source on a local drive (good) or a netword drive (bad). If on a local drive, close the project and locate it's .cpd file. Rename it and reopen the project. Does that make a difference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that and it's still not responding when I go to generate the layout. The editor seemed to move a little quicker however.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2009 Mar 31, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried everything to get my project to open. It opened fine the last time I used it and all other projects opened fine. I was skeptical that renaming the cpd file would be the answer. It seemed too easy! It worked! Thank you so much! I can now meet my deadline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you added a lot of content, links, images or DHTML? How big is the project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We added a lot a few months ago. It does have links, images, and dhtml.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And it's been slow ever since? In a former life I had a project that was only 600 topics but had thousands of inks and DHTML hotspots. When I opened it I could have gone to Guatemala to pick my coffee beans before returning to roast, grind and brew them. You don't say how many links, images, and dhtml has been added but you could try taking a copy of the project thrashing some of the content and see if that is quicker. If it is, maybe it is time to consider merged help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It finally created my layout so the project has survived another day. I will take your advice though and make a copy and pull out some of the flashy features to see what happens.

Thanks,
Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 31, 2009 Mar 31, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi kerril and welcome to the RH community.

The .cpd file is a database file that is automatically built if it is not there when you open a project. RH8 even has an option to rebuild it even if it is there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp