• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DW 2017 save/export search results

Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Liking DW 2017 so far, but the ability to save/export the search results (to xml) seems to have gone.

Is it still there but hidden where I can't find it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

Hi,

Can you please confirm if you are wanting to save the  search query or search results which are displayed in the search panel?

As per the new update of Dw CC 17.1, you can now save and load search queries.

We have added registry entries to enable Save and Load Query options. Please follow the steps as below-

1. Download and install Dreamweaver CC 2017.1.
  2. Close Dreamweaver is you're running it currently.
  3. Depending on your operating system, do one of the following:
    1. On Windows:
      1. Open regedit
      2. Navigate to HK

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This feature has been removed from the latest version. If you think it is important to your workflow, place a request to the team directly using Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am very disgruntled.  I had to update adobe because I could not get support for X Pro anymore.  I wanted to be able to add the add-in to my outlook to export email messages from MS Office 2016.  COULDN'T DO IT  without having to upgrade.  So I paid to upgrade to Adobe 2017 and the very tool I need, which is to save my searches to a new portfolio, is not longer available.  I don't know what you people are thinking.  I have wasted my time and money on this and now have to explain to my client that we can no longer perform this exercise on his HUGE case coming to trial.

YOU NEED TO FIX IT AND FIX IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what software you're talking about.

You have posted to an unrelated, answered thread in the Dreamweaver user-to-user forum, not Adobe Customer Care. If you have a Dreamweaver issue, you should start a new thread here Dreamweaver support forum with all of the pertinent information (OS, version, error messages, etc).

If you have an issue with some other software from Adobe, make sure to write a post in that software's forum and one of the contributors there should be able to help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it looks like an Acrobat message ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you please confirm if you are wanting to save the  search query or search results which are displayed in the search panel?

As per the new update of Dw CC 17.1, you can now save and load search queries.

We have added registry entries to enable Save and Load Query options. Please follow the steps as below-

1. Download and install Dreamweaver CC 2017.1.
  2. Close Dreamweaver is you're running it currently.
  3. Depending on your operating system, do one of the following:
    1. On Windows:
      1. Open regedit
      2. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Dreamweaver CC 2017\Advanced Find And Replace
      3. Add a string value “ShowHiddenOptions=TRUE”
      4. Close regedit
    2. On Mac:
      1. Use finder to navigate to ~/Library/Preferences
      2. Open Adobe Dreamweaver CC 2017 Prefs using a text editor
      3. Find “[Advanced Find and Replace]” section and add "showhiddenoptions=TRUE"
      4. Save and close the file

4. Relaunch Dreamweaver

Note- If you still can't find the folder in the registry, try clearing preferences.

Regards,

Niharika Gupta

Adobe Dreamweaver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Niharika, thanks for your reply.

It was the results that I was looking for. It used to be quite useful every now and then to save the results as an xml file which DM offered.

Still using DM but now I use Sublime Text to do this.

Cheers

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 06, 2017 May 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback, we will surely raise this with the team.

Regards,

Niharika Gupta

Adobe Dreamweaver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, I think you should remove the "correct answer" because it's clearly the wrong answer.  Lightin Dave was clearly wanting to save the results.

I want that feature back, too.  I use it a lot.  It is a little cumbersome in XML format (what I'd really love is to save the results as text or Comma-separated Values (CSV)), but as it was the only format offered I'd spend a little time stripping out the XML and then transforming it into CSV so that I could open it as an Excel file.  Again: even the ability to save it as plain ol' text would be appreciated.

In case you need to argue for why it's needed, picture this:

You are searching for a term, or a bit of code, across an entire website of thousands of files, and you get back hundreds if not thousands of results.  You need to be able to show your team the problem in a hard copy that you can sort and re-sort.  You need to be able to work on these one-by-one in some cases, or maybe even assign chunks of these search results to different team members, and then check them off as you finish.  You want to be able to send your boss an Excel file of the hundreds of pages you fixed.

You NEED to be able to save the search results.

If you don't have a way to restore this feature, I'll have to just take screenshots of the results and work from those, which is far less useful but about the only option open to me.

So, yes, please bring up the restoration of the save feature...and if at all possible, look into other formats for saving the results.  I can't imagine this isn't a feature used by many organizations.

Note:  I'm also submitting this to the Feature Requests form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for the detailed feedback.

We had already raised this as a story to be picked up in further Dw releases, and we are working on it. That is why we closed this thread as Correct Answer.

I have also added your usecase in that story.

Regards,

Niharika Gupta

Adobe Dreamweaver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to illustrate the need for this feature, I searched a site for all instances of :// using "Find and Replace in Files..." in order to identify URLs we need to allow for a server's content-security-policy header.

There are 4646 results and I thought I'd be able to export them in order to run through a script to get rid of links, duplicates etc.

Looks like I'll have to use grep for the time being 😕

If you do restore this feature, it would also be very useful to be able to get the results as CSV rather than XML.

Thanks,

Jon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've posted a bug post concerning the needs of this removed feature... and I completed it asking for having the possibility to get more than one results panel... are you involved in the alpha forum, I could then send you the tracking number to add your vote

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I'm just a user and don't know where the alpha forum is. If I can join it and you can point me towards it I would be happy to add my vote.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well anyone that have a Creative Cloud subscription and use DW can be involved in the DW alpha prerelease. I haven't the link right under hand right now, but I'm sure that I will find it back sooner or later.

please, don't hesitate to remind me to look at it, if you don't see any feedback in those couple of days

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I need the export results functionality to sort thousands of results across a massive site. It wouldn't be practical for me to take screenshots. I've tried the grep command but it doesn't allow non-alphabetic characters. My next resort is using Sublime Text as I've heard this is what others resort to. I'm adding my voice here to support the case for bringing this feature back with the added bonus of getting the results in CSV. Thanks everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with this. Saving search results as a CSV would be very helpful.

Thanks Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the export very useful

And in my case, the search function is almost never working as soon as there are more than 1000 files in the websites.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you share a video clip demonstrating the issue that you are seeing for search? If it takes long to search, there is a progress bar in the Search panel where you can track.

Regards,

Niharika Gupta

Adobe Dreamweaver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES! HutchinsonMichael described my situation exactly. Please bring this feature back, and preferably with a CSV option to remove the extra steps to get the results in Excel.

I've also submitted this to the Feature Requests form!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would just use Notepad++.  Its free and can do just that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when saving results, there are two main points that are interesting and that Note Pad++ can't handle neither help on...

1. having the results on an XML format... not on plain tabuled text
  2. being able to load back the results once exported

and a third point is I'm curious how you save the results in NotePad++

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Getting ANY results that one can cut and paste is better than what DW offers--no ability to copy the results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry, I miss understand what is your point ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I join the crowd as needing the feature to save/export the RESULTS of a search query. CSV would be ideal, but if I could even save it as XML as I've done for years in previous DW versions, that would be satisfactory. Add me to the list of requesters and thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if no one really add his voice to the FR... there is no chance that the popularity of the request inquires... so please directly add your voice ...

Adobe Prerelease

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines