Exit

Errore (18) in visualizzazione PDF

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buongiorno

Con Adobe Reader DC (v. 2015.010.20056) rilevo un errore

"Errore durante l'elaborazione di una pagina. Si è verificato un problema durante la lettura di questo documento (18)"

appena passo dalla prima alla seconda pagina."

Stesso PDF aperto con Chrome (ad esempio) viene visualizzato correttamente.

Come posso fare per capire qual è la causa?

Grazie!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

I assume that is meant to say "expecting a name, but did not find one". A "name" is a specific type in a PDF file. Names are used in key value pairs, so that the PDF processor can find certain information (e.g. it's looking for an item named "MediaBox" to determine the page size for a certain PDF page). I assume that because of a problem with the software that created the PDF file, something that is supposed to be in the file is not there - or not named correctly. In general, when Acrobat (or th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever you get an error message that indicates a problem with the PDF file, and you see an error number (e.g. "18" in your case), you can get more technical information about the error by holding down the Ctrl key when you click on the "OK" button of the error message.

This is very likely a corrupt PDF. Chrome's PDF viewer may have a way to work around the corruption, or it may not even see the corrupt information because it may be ignoring certain parts of the PDF document. Without having access to the PDF file, it's impossible to say what exactly is going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much Karl Heinz

With the Ctrl + OK, I've got "Name waiting" result ("Atteso un nome" in italian )

It seems to be quite general... if you guess something more, please tell me

I'm sorry but I'm not able to create a PDF with this error, and I cannot send the corrupted PDF because it contains data subject to privacy

Thank you very much for the help you can give me!

Chiara

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume that is meant to say "expecting a name, but did not find one". A "name" is a specific type in a PDF file. Names are used in key value pairs, so that the PDF processor can find certain information (e.g. it's looking for an item named "MediaBox" to determine the page size for a certain PDF page). I assume that because of a problem with the software that created the PDF file, something that is supposed to be in the file is not there - or not named correctly. In general, when Acrobat (or the free Reader) complains about a problem with the PDF file, there is actually something wrong with that file. Just because other PDF viewers do not complain about the file does not mean that it's not corrupt.

In Adobe Acrobat Pro, you can actually use the Preflight tool to find out more about what exactly is wrong with this file - the free Reader and Adobe Acrobat Standard do not provide this functionality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much Karl Heinz

It was an issue of ourPDF producer.

The problem was with images.

The PDF has a "background" template; if any image object were set into the page "over" the background, the resulting PDF was wrong.

They solved this issue... now we're ok!

Thank you very much

Best regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines