• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The CR3 format of EOS R has not been supported. When will it be updated?

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2018 Sep 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EOS R 的CR3格式尚未被支持,请问什么时候会有更新呀?

The CR3 format of EOS R has not been supported. When will it be updated?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe never comments about future releases, but it's pretty obvious that this format will be supported in an update.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Canon EOS R was announced 9/5, after the release of LR 7.5 on 8/22. LR releases a new version every 8 weeks on average, so we can expect LR 7.6 around 10/17. About 77% of new Canon models are supported in the release following their announcement, so there's a pretty good chance the EOS R will be in 7.6.  But only Adobe knows for sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just had this camera delivered today and I couldn't read the CR3 files in LR. I just can't believe that Canon and Adobe haven't sorted this out. The camera is useless to me and is going back into the box. Even debating as to whether to send it back to Canon. When will Adobe release an update for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Dean+Grossmith  schrieb

Just had this camera delivered today and I couldn't read the CR3 files in LR. I just can't believe that Canon and Adobe haven't sorted this out.

This is normal and so with every new camera type. It takes time to implement the camera support by Adobe.

The camera is useless to me and is going back into the box.

I think the camera isn't useless. You can use Canon's DPP to convert in DNG or TIFF in the meantime until Adobe supports the new camera.

When will Adobe release an update for this?

Adobe doesn't say anything about future releases and the release date. But normally every 8 weeks there's a new update for Lightroom with bugfixes and support of new cameras and objectives. The last updates was released on end of August. I think the next updatre comes out mid or end of October.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the prompt response, I will use Canon's DPP for the conversions in the meantime. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has just announced the availability of a new version of DNG Converter, which supports the Canon R.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its always the same - a new camera comes out and LR adds it relatively quickly. Usually the DNG converter is updated more quickly.

Ah the disadvantages of being the first one to get new gear! All the other parts we depend on have to catch up!

Canon's DPP is the answer temporarily!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's only the DNG converter that appears to provide support at the moment. Thanks for all the help here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines