• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to get rid of the use of Nero to create chapters in my video

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As much as I like Premiere Pro, I can't live without chapters.

Now I use the following somewhat cumbersome procedure (that actually works fine, but in the back of my mind...):

1) I edit my recorded footage with Adobe Premiere

2) Export the resulting video

3) Create a Blu-Ray structure in Nero Video, adding chapters etc.

4) Export this to a folder on the PC

5) Use Nero Recode to shrink the resulting video into the 4GB limit for easy copying to a USB stick (FAT32).

Isn't there an easier Adobe solution to add chapter marks that work in (lets say) the VLC media player?

Tried adding the red chapter marks in Premiere, but they don't seem to work in the exported file.

Bert

P.S. Sorry if this has been asked before...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

I think there are still advantages to Blu-ray.  This is one.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the absence of chapter options in a non-DVD/BD workflow is frustrating, but not so easy to work around.

Have you tried the Encore export to flash? Probably also limited for future-proofing, but plays back in a browser with chapter structure. Can do this from a harddrive or USB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Stan, but isn't flash for short clips? I record complete musicals (with 6 or more 4K camera's) and edit the footage to a 720P movie that can last for an hour or even two hours. H264 MP4 is my preferred video output. I can't understand why a non-professional package like Nero eats chapters for breakfast and the entire Adobe sweet not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think there are still advantages to Blu-ray.  This is one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nero includes an authoring aspect.

No, flash video can be long. Encore is transcoding into flv or f4v, so you can have BD quality.

There are pluses and minuses for the flash option. Check help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Stan and Jim. I think for the moment I'll keep using Nero for the "chaptering". After all, it's dirt cheap (a yearly update costs around 40 Dollars/Euro's, easy to use (and I started my video-editing adventure years ago using Nero Video) and the results are fine.

Case closed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines