• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Footage importing incorrectly into Premiere?

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might be a bit of a weird question but let me explain what I am experiencing. I have a clip of footage that is about 1hour and 30 minutes long that I am attempting to edit in premiere.  I know that is a long clip but this is something we do on a weekly basis and have never had any issues with.

The clip was recorded in 29.97 fps and when I watch it back before importing it into premiere it looks great. However, no matter how I import it into premiere the footage suddenly gets interpreted as 14.99 fps. Then when I drag that footage onto the sequence and watch it back the Audio is completely normal but the footage is in slow motion. I have tried interpreting the footage in Premiere back to 29.97fps and when I do that the audio sounds like Alvin and the chipmunks and the footage become 45minuts long rather than the 1 hour and 30 minutes long that it is supposed to be.

Any suggestions or solutions are greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Premiere Pro had an issue with interlaced media just as you describe.  I believe it was fixed with an update, so check your version.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly what is INSIDE the video you are editing?

Report back with the codec details of your file, use the programs below... A screen shot works well to SHOW people what you are doing - For Windows Internet Explorer press the PRINT SCREEN button on your keyboard, and then do CTRL-V to paste the screen print from the clipboard into a forum message

Free programs to get file information for PC/Mac http://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download

- when you analyze your file in MediaInfo and post a screen shot in the forum, do so in TREE view

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are a user of the Nikon or Blackmagic camera and your video is interlaced, you should observe some threads similar to your problem:

https://forums.adobe.com/message/10387557#10387557

https://forums.adobe.com/message/10446007#10446007

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2508438

It would be advisable to convert the file with the handbrake or return to an earlier version of the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro had an issue with interlaced media just as you describe.  I believe it was fixed with an update, so check your version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That Worked! Thank you for the advice. I updated Premiere and it ended up working great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines