• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Alpha options Greyed out (Modify, Interpret Footage)

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2018 Sep 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

A client is having trouble using an asset I made for him. The file is an export from after effects as a PNG video, with transparency. When I download the footage and put it in premiere, the black background goes away and works as expected. When he imports it, the black background does not show up. I told him to right click in project panel, Modify -  Footage - Alpha Channel. None of his boxes are checked and they are all greyed out.

Any ideas here?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Sep 24, 2018 Sep 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your version of Premiere Pro and version Premiere pro your client is using if it is not version 12.1.2 then ask them to update to the latest version which has a lot of fixes - Bug fixes in Premiere Pro version 12.1.2

Vishu Aggarwal
Adobe Certified Instructor, Professional and Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Free of this issue yet, AndrewS? Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Thanks for helping.

In After Effects CC2018, I create a new project and in the projects panel i import a mov with an alpha channel.

With the clip selected in the projects panel, I click the "interpret footage" button and the panel opens, but the ALPHA section is greyed out.

I try the same with an uncompressed AVI file that has an alpha channel .  Same sequence of steps, same results.

Can you please help me get the alpha channel to work on this AE project?

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

And would you please email me at this other address: bookcafe@etgstores.com  THANK YOU ❤️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK I found a format that works:  gopro-cineform-rgb-12-bit-w-alpha.mov

so thats the format I will have to use use when bringing in footage with alpha channel.

Good to know.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having thi problem and i am trying to resolve this, for a stop motion proeject, when i want to modify clip from the drop down menu from interpert footage, the setting for the frame rate is grayed out completely

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As a still image, it doesn't have a frame-rate value to change.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines