• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to convert Lightroom Classic CC catalog from ver 7.1 to ver 6.14

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day! I'm using Lightroom Classic CC 7.1 on my Mac and LR Classic CC 6.14 on my Windows PC. I have to import photos from Mac to PC, but system can't do it "Lightroom cannot import from this catalog. The catalog has been created by a newer version of Lightroom". Could you help me to covert LR Catalog 7.1 to I can use it on LR 6.14? Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's impossible to convert an LR catalog to a previous version, it only works the other way round (upgrading to a newer version).

Since you have a Creative Cloud subscription, you should install LR Classic on your PC, and update both to 7.5, which is the latest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not possible. You can only upgrade a catalog, not downgrade it. What you can do is the following:

Go to 'All Photographs' and select all the images in Lightroom Classic 7.1. Then choose 'Metadata - Save Metadata to Files'. Now import the images into Lightroom 6. Because you wrote all metadata to files, Lightroom 6 will pick up those metadata on import. And edits are also metadata, so they will also be picked up. The only edits that will not transfer to Lightroom 6 this way are edits that were new in Lightroom Classic. That's only Range Mask in case of Lightroom Classic 7.1.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you really want to go backwards, then saving the metadata and reimporting is the best that can be done - but expect also to lose virtual copies, pick and reject flags, presence in collections, and step-by-step edit History (but not the edits themselves). That said, installing LR Classic 7.5 on that computer is a better option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines