• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF page won't print

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am attempting to print a blueprint using Acrobat XI Pro.  One page, right in the middle, gets hung up at 50% flattened.  All other pages print just fine.  I've tried printing it on it's own, printing as it's own file, converting to a .TIFF, nothing is working.  This is definitely a page that I need for my design and take off people.  Any suggestions?

I have no formal training in Adobe, all that I know is via trial and error, any suggestions help.

thanks

Sherry

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

I did get the PDF file from Sherry and indeed the problem was promiscuous / unnecessary use of transparency on two of the pages of these very complex pages. Manually removing the transparency blending modes eliminated the problem. If we can get more information about how the file was created and the source files, we can try to fix the problem here at Adobe.

- Dov

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without actually seeing the file and page in question, it is virtually impossible to diagnose what is going on. My best guess, however, is that the file/page in question is exceptionally complex and uses transparency (whether it needed to or not). I've seen a file like this once from a CAD program. The pages were exceptionally complex (many vector items each with transparency) and Acrobat ran out of virtual memory address space trying to flatten the unnecessary transparency.

If you could post the file, we could see whether that is the problem here. (If you contact me via private message on these forums with a link to the file, we will test it at Adobe, keeping it confidential, and let you know of the results.)

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly Dov!

Here’s the file, the problem page is S2.3. I wasn’t able to attach to the post on the forum, but there’s no confidentiality issue if you want to put it up as an example to others.

Thanks for your help. I can usually noodle through these problems, but this has me stumped.

Sherry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dov

I replied to the email as well, couldn't get the file to attach to the post.

thanks for your help.

Sherry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no way other than by admins of these forums to attach files. I'll contact you via e-mail and you can send the file to my e-mail as an attachment.

- Dov

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did get the PDF file from Sherry and indeed the problem was promiscuous / unnecessary use of transparency on two of the pages of these very complex pages. Manually removing the transparency blending modes eliminated the problem. If we can get more information about how the file was created and the source files, we can try to fix the problem here at Adobe.

- Dov

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines