• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why do my tools turn green?

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, part of my tools icons turn green from time to time. I don't know what I did to trigger this of what I did to make it go away again. Everything works just fine, I just find the green annoying. Hope anyone can help.

Screenshot 2018-10-08 at 19.24.43.pngScreenshot 2018-10-08 at 19.24.36.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Hi there,

This is not an expected behavior for sure. There is no particular action in InDesign to do this. I could be related to the display screen. Could you please check and confirm if this is happening in InDesign only or with other applications as well?

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

This is not an expected behavior for sure. There is no particular action in InDesign to do this. I could be related to the display screen. Could you please check and confirm if this is happening in InDesign only or with other applications as well?

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problems within panels can many times be fixed by deleting your InDesign cache files (which is different than deleting preferences).

To do so:

For Macintosh Users: The User Library folder in which InDesign’s cache files are stored is hidden by default on most Macintoshes. To access it make sure that InDesign is closed and click on the desktop to launch a Finder Window (Command-N).With this window in column view follow the path User>Home folder (it’s the folder with an icon that looks like a house—it may have the user’s name rather than “Home”) and click on the Home folder. With the Option Key pressed choose Library from the Finder Go Menu. “Library” will now appear within the Home folder. Within the Library folder find the “Caches” folder. Within the Caches folder find and delete the entire folder “Adobe InDesign”. I find that deleting the InDesign cache folder completely leads to a lasting change. 

For Windows Users: On Windows 7 and above the caches files are hidden. To find them go to the Control Panel and open Folder Options and then click the View tab. Then select “Show hidden files and folders” or “Show hidden files, folders or drive options” in Advanced Settings. Then delete (or rename) the folder at the end of this path: C:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Local\Adobe\InDesign\Version [#]\<Language>\Cache.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We have been waiting for your response to this query. Kindly update the discussion if the issue is resolved or you need further assistance with it.

Thanks,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2018 Oct 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried deleting the caches files, this didn't change anything. I just noticed the problem also is in Photoshop, and some non Adobe programs as well, so I guess I'll have to take the question to an Apple form, since it is nog only Adobe programs. Thanks for the tips!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines