• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign exporting problems

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, hoping someone can help. I've been tasked with creating a flyer for my company, however the problem arises when I go to export (doesn't matter what format, still does the same thing), and one rectangle goes all jagged and insane. I've done this kind of thing before many times with no problems, but I just cannot work this one out! I'm guessing it's a setting somewhere, but any help would be amazing, thanks in advance! (Just for clarification, the first image is how it is exporting and the second is a screen grab of what it's supposed to look like) 

Dixi 4001-4007 Offer Sheet.jpgIndesign Exporting issue - how it should look.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How does the print preview in InDesign look like?

Does the grey stripe has transparency? If yes, why?

Why die you apply transparency to the yellow rectangle?

Clean up you file, work with layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Willi, thanks for your reply. The print preview looks fine. The grey stripe has a gradient transparency because the boss wanted it like that, but the yellow doesn't have one. Would organising the layers prevent the problem do you think? I only ask as I work like that all the time but have never run into this issue before and I generally don't have the time to properly organise it. many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Willi, thanks for your reply. The print preview looks fine. The grey stripe has a gradient transparency because the boss wanted it like that, but the yellow doesn't have one. Would organising the layers prevent the problem do you think? I only ask as I work like that all the time but have never run into this issue before and I generally don't have the time to properly organise it. many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should always organise it via layers, it costs no time, it is a huge time saver!

What for the boss requires transparency for the stripe. In print he would not be aware if it has transparency.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

doesn't matter what format, still does the same thing

Does it happen with the default PDF/X-4 preset?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines