• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Button event "on click" is not being detected. Why?

Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same function (Go to Destination) works with "On Release or Tap", both in EPUB Interactivity Preview and after using the Publish Online option. However, "on click" is not working at all. I am using InDesign CC 2018 and Windows 10, I have tried saving my file as imdl (and opening it back) and still nothing!

Many thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should absolutely be using on tap or release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But then it won't work in unless I'm using a touch device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Release refers to the mouse being released after a click.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why isn't the mouse click working, then? Could it be because my laptop's display is touch enabled?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On click is a horrible user experience. Just use on top or release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about users who don't have a touch device?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already explained that. On release refers to the mouse being released after a click. Now, instead of going round in circles here, why don't you try it and then let us know if you're still having issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course I am still having issues. I would have marked your first answer as correct if your proposed solution had worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then let's back up. What action are you assigning to the button? What format are you outputting to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a button and assigned the action "go to destination" to it. In fact, I have tried assigning all kinds of actions - the mouse click never works. But a tap on the screen works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What format are you outputting to? Where are you testing? Have you tried a second computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't got a second computer around. I'm testing it on a Windows 10 laptop, by viewing the document generated and published by the publish online feature. I'm using Chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you share the link so I can check it out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines