• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro not recognizing Blackmagic Decklink Mini Monitor

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just installed PP CC and it is not recognizing my Blackmagic Decklink Mini Monitor card.  It does not show up as one of the options in the Playback settings tab.  I have used and tested the card with Blackmagic's Media Express, FCP7, and Avid Media Composer.  So I know its working. 

I have my client monitor also setup as a 3rd display for the CPU via a second HDMI and have used that config in the past for monitoring FCP7 projects.  is there a way for PP to monitor fullscreen using that config?

Mac OSX 10.11.6

Premiere Pro 12.1.2

BlackMagic Desktop video 10.9.7

Mac Pro (Early 2009)

2 x 3.46 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon

32 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 2048 MB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMO opinion, what you're asking is as much a hardware question as a software question ( NLE). I had recent issues with PC clone editing computer and a mini monitor card ( pci-e ) using SDI out, to a field monitor ( Lilliput ? ), using old PPro version ( CS6).

It got really complicated.

I just upgraded graphics card, OS, and installed Resolve 15, AFTER just pulling out the mini monitor card.

Like, in a few days, I did that. I have NO use for the SDI out ( cause I also got an Eizo monitor for primary at rec 709 emulation).

Frankly, to put that card back into the computer would require someone PAY me to do it.

I can use the field monitor with HDMI pass through if I shoot to want that, just using camera and recording stuff while shooting.

The cost of the card was not worth the problems with sloppy code from Adobe and lack of standards between manufacturers ( adobe, black magic, apple - hardware AND OS stuff ) for me personally. Black Magic had new options in PPro to start projects ( under Black Magic presets ) and there were options for video ( cuda, OpenCL, etc. ) and also settings for audio, and that is just too much for my pea brain to deal with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You do have a monitor connected through the BM card, correct?

How about giving the details of your monitors and their connections to the computer?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines