• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw, should I update?

Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Photoshop CS6 13.0.1 x64 and Lightroom 6.14.

When I select multiple files in Lightroom and select "Edit in > Merge to Panorama in Photoshop" I get a warning message "This version of Lightroom may require the Photoshop Camera Raw plug-in version 10.1 for full compatibility"  It then suggests that I update camera Raw via the update tool in the Photoshop help menu.

In Photoshop, the update tool in the help menu says that I'm up to date.

I then found the Camera Raw Plug-in installer page, which offers a download for V10.5, but says that isn't for CS6.  It says there that, for CS6, use the 9.1.1 installer.

I'm confused.   Lightroom tells me that I need 10.1 and the download page tells me I can't have it, 9.1.1 is what I need and what I've actually got.

Can someone please clarify for me what I should do and how to stop Lightroom nagging me?

Thanks

Tony

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Photoshop Can only use ACR 9.1.1  and even in ACR 9.1.1 in CS6 the newer ACR features are not enabled.  I believe CS6 was shipped with something like ACR 7.   So feature added in ACR 8 and 9 are not enabled in CS6.  Only new Camera Raw Format support was made available for CS6 users.  Till ACR 9.1.1 then Adobe pulled the plug for CS6 users.  If you  you have a new camera you may need create DNG for you RAW files to use the in ACR 9.1.1 however if use Lightroom  Photoshop may be able to Open the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you happy with the current images Photoshop | Lightroom is giving you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Photoshop Can only use ACR 9.1.1  and even in ACR 9.1.1 in CS6 the newer ACR features are not enabled.  I believe CS6 was shipped with something like ACR 7.   So feature added in ACR 8 and 9 are not enabled in CS6.  Only new Camera Raw Format support was made available for CS6 users.  Till ACR 9.1.1 then Adobe pulled the plug for CS6 users.  If you  you have a new camera you may need create DNG for you RAW files to use the in ACR 9.1.1 however if use Lightroom  Photoshop may be able to Open the RAW file you and created Lightroom setting for.  ACR and Lightroom use the same Adobe Raw conversion engine.  I wrote may be able to open.  Adobe Raw Conversion Engine may have been Updated after CS6 and may have some added feature that new lightroom version Develop module may have used.   The is no Lighroom Develop plug-in for Photoshop.  All RAW file are opened in Photoshop through its ACR plug-in  even RAW files pass to Photoshop from Lightroom.

The message you got is Adobe trying you make you into a subscriber and use Photoshop CC..

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines