• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat DC crashes when redacting, Mac 10.13.3

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello - I have multiple users on the same version of Mac (version 10.13.3 High Sierra) using Adobe Acrobat DC (version 2019.008.20074).  When they attempt to redact PDFs Acrobat locks up towards the end of the redaction, forcing them to Force Close.  It doesn't always happen, but it does at least once out of every third try.  I have uninstalled and re-installed Acrobat and I have ensured that they are using the text identification tool.  I get a log report from Adobe but it's not clear what caused the issue.  Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I don't see many articles on this.

Thanks

Brandon

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Apple has acknowledged that issue is at their end and they have a fix ready for this. Fix will be available as part of their upcoming update (10.14.2). Please let us know if the issue still exists post that.

Thanks for your patience and co-operation!!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brandon,

We are sorry for the inconvenience you are facing. To help us identify the issue, please share the following information with us:

1. The crash stack/logs

2. A video of the workflow you are performing.

3. Is Acrobat crashing for a single file or with all the files that you are using?

Thanks for your patience and support.

Regards,

Girija Agarwala

Software Engineer

Acrobat Desktop Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Adobe is crashing on all files when redacting, but it's not consistent.  I have the stack - what's a good way to attach it?  I will send you a video when I get it.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 12, 2018 Oct 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem started last week during redacting. It has now spread to simply looking at the pdf or adding links as well. I had a long session with IT. They were very nice. But after cleaning out prefs and creating another user and restarting, they had no better luck. The logs were sent back and hopefully they're working on it. Oddly my MacBook Pro has no problem. My iMac late 2015 on Mojave does have a problem Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 2019.008.2074. In the meantime, we've not been able to wait and unfortunately had to purchase another program to do the job. We hope to have Acrobat again, as it's clearly a great product—when it works. But in the meantime we can't wait. BTW...they said there's an update. We installed that 4 days ago. No good.

best of luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have messaged you with my mail id to share the crash stack.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple has acknowledged that issue is at their end and they have a fix ready for this. Fix will be available as part of their upcoming update (10.14.2). Please let us know if the issue still exists post that.

Thanks for your patience and co-operation!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I will let you know if their fix helps.

tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, we will test this. Much appreciated!

On Fri, Oct 19, 2018 at 2:17 AM girijaAgarwal <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 03, 2018 Nov 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Incidentally we have started in Safe Mode and the Adobe Acrobat 2019 worked fine. Going back to normal still resulted in crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had no problems when I was on High Sierra 10.13.3.  When I upgraded to 10.13.6 (Security updates), I started having the same issues that my users reported.  I upgraded to Mojave and have had no issues.  We aren't ready to upgrade all users to Mojave yet, so still limping along.  I believe the latest patch for High Sierra is the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked with rep today from Adobe to no avail. Log-in with another name. See if Acrobat crashes. Crash. Then restart normally with a clean install of Adobe CC Acrobat. Crash. I do not say that Mojave caused this. In fact the Mojave upgrade happened 4 days previous to the Acrobat 2019 upgrade. Everything worked fine. However the switch to 2019 Acrobat (which loaded automatically) led to the crashes. We have upgraded to Acrobat Pro DC 2019.008.20080 and we still have crashes. The problem we find is in trying to reduced the size of any pdf with their optimization feature and whenever we look at preferences. Again, this works fine in Safe Mode. It is not an Adobe problem. We have 2 other workstations and they work fine in Mojave (both laptops). Why the iMac is having a problem we can't figure out. BTW...when the rep calls you have no choice but to use them. After all, they're the experts. But the time we've spent to address the question with downtime and sometimes having to restart (as in starting in safe mode) and then come back later is really eating into our bottom line. Wish you luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac 10.14.2 is live - https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1986?locale=en_US. Please let us know if the issue is resolved after the update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The recent update to 10.14.2. has resolved the matter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines