• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop won't access my Lightroom photos.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I am completely new to Photoshop CC 2018, or any version of Photoshop for that matter.  I have been editing photos exclusively in Adobe Lightroom Classic CC all year.  Before that, I had a small amount of photos that I had edited in Lightroom CC.  I switched to Lightroom Classic because I liked the interface better, and it seemed to have more options.

I wanted to take the plunge into Photoshop so that I could get some better edits done.  I was trying to learn some things through some online tutorials.  However, I ran into an issue when trying to grab photos from Lightroom.  It is only looking at photos that I edited in Lightroom CC, and I cannot locate any of the many other photos that I have been editing in Lightroom Classic CC.  Is this normal?  Was all of that editing wasted?  Is there a way for Photoshop CC 2018 to work directly with Lightroom Classic CC?

Sorry for asking what seems like an easily answerable question.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Please take a look here:

Choosing the right photo app |

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, so at least I think that I found a way to work around it.  If I am in Lightroom, I can click on a photo and tell it to edit in Photoshop, and then I get moved directly to editing in Photoshop.  At least I can now try and learn basics, while knowing that I can access my Lightroom photos.

I don't know what the deal is with the home screen of Photoshop that will only look for the Lightroom that I don't use, but it seems that I can accomplish some things at least.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please take a look here:

Choosing the right photo app |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines