Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't get merged files to display

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2009 Apr 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to merge two small projects and an have the following questions:
I tried to merge one set of files with my original set of files. The merged files appeared in a separate window. Is that supposed to happen?
I also have questions about where the directory path for the merged files should be. Does it have to be a certain path? It doesn't seem to work on network drives, only the C drive.
Any help is appreciated. Are there any instructions, besides the online help?
Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 03, 2009 Apr 03, 2009
Cannot find 'file:///c:rhmerge/generate/mergedProjrects/Createforms/whskin_homepage.htm'

1] I assume that is meant to be mergedProjects.

2] Did you really call you startpage whskin_homepage.htm? Is that is what is in the first field of the first page of the wizard? That is the file you are looking for to start the webhelp.

3] No way that RH changes what you put in that field.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working in Robohelp 8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell us what your output type is as this affects the answers we can give.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Output is Web Help and I'm using Robohelp Html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

When you create merged WebHelp, your file structure will have a specific folder where you are to place the output of what you are merging in.

You may wish to review fellow Adobe Community Expert Peter Grainge's site at the link below.
Click here to visit Peter's site.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2009 Apr 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks. I did review the site and it was a help. However, my output seems to be redirected somewhere other than where I select.
I selected the output to go to c:/rhmerge/generate/index.htm
I got an error message saying Cannot find 'file:///c:rhmerge/generate/mergedProjrects/Createforms/whskin_homepage.htm'. Make sure the path or Internet address is correct.
Why does it change my output address?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2009 Apr 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Cannot find 'file:///c:rhmerge/generate/mergedProjrects/Createforms/whskin_homepage.htm'

1] I assume that is meant to be mergedProjects.

2] Did you really call you startpage whskin_homepage.htm? Is that is what is in the first field of the first page of the wizard? That is the file you are looking for to start the webhelp.

3] No way that RH changes what you put in that field.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp