Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Suddenly RH fails to produce a CHM

Apr 01, 2009 Apr 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I produce a CHM, then I can watch RoboHelp creating a temporary folder in the output folder specified in the SSL-Settings. After the production Robelp deletes this again, including the produced CHM which is generated in this folder. So the output folder is empty, RoboHelp says production was successful and offers to view the output. Of course, when I click view then nothing happens.

If I quit RH with the task manager just after creating the temporary folder, then I can produce the CHM myself using the microsoft compiler. So basically everything is OK, except for RH deleting the CHM again immediately after production.

Do you have any recomendations?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 01, 2009 Apr 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Robert

Perhaps try creating a new Layout. When you do, ensure the CHM output file name is identical to the project name.

Please give that a try and see what happens.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 02, 2009 Apr 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did it! Its sort of a miracle - even the original SSL works again now. Have you ever walked over the water?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 02, 2009 Apr 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi there

I'm pleased to have helped.

As for the walking on or over water bit. I actually have! Of course there was a bridge over it at the time. And it was frozen.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp